2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FishSick
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been thinking about the 28' or 32' with twins. Does anyone know if these bigger pangas can handle 50 + miles offshore in the Gulf without beating you to death. I'm a little worried about the shallow deadrise at the transom.

http://panga.com/pangaboats/panga28/index.html

I'm in search of a boat that will work well for the bay/flats as well as offshore. This boat probably doesn't exist.

If you have any recommendations for 27' plus boats let me know.

P.S. the Grady will be for sale once I find the right boat

·
FishSick
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
^
^
^

·
Registered
707 Posts
My 22' Marquesas does not beat me to death offshore. I have trim tabs, though. They make all the difference in the world.

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,919 Posts
Arlon had the 26' Angler Panga that he swore by for offshore fishing. I think I remember him saying that the Angler has a deeper deadrise at the transom than the Panga.com boat. The things I do not like about the Panga are the low freeboard, narrow beam and lack of storage. It is my personal belief that if you get a boat for a combination of inshore and offshore use, you will end up with a compromise boat that is okay, but not very good at either.

·
FishSick
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
manintheboat said:
Arlon had the 26' Angler Panga that he swore by for offshore fishing. I think I remember him saying that the Angler has a deeper deadrise at the transom than the Panga.com boat. The things I do not like about the Panga are the low freeboard, narrow beam and lack of storage. It is my personal belief that if you get a boat for a combination of inshore and offshore use, you will end up with a compromise boat that is okay, but not very good at either.
Ya, it looks like the freeboard is higher on the bigger Panga's (which I have not seen in person) so I'm not sure. One thing I can be sure of is they don't have the massive freeboard of my little Grady. For a 24' it is dang deep. I agree there will be compremises that cause any "tweener" boat to not be great at either task.

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
fishon2 said:
....I'm in search of a boat that will work well for the bay/flats as well as offshore. This boat probably doesn't exist....
There was a thread about two weeks ago talking about the new 27' Lattitude by Shallowsport. According to the reports you can fish the 1' deep flats in the morning and then run offshore through 6 footers that afternoon.

You might do a search or go to Shallowsport's web sight. It looked like a pretty awsome boat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts