2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone fish out of Palacios? We always go out of POC but it's getting harder and harder to find a place to stay and want to try some different spots on the east side of the bay.
Any advise or tips on this place would greatly appreciated. Where to stay/rent and what boat launch yall use?
Thanks Coolers

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I feel you on POC. I stay away from there if I can, but I have the luxury a fishing cabin down the ICW from there towards Seadrift.

It's been years since I've fished out of Palacios, but when we last did, there weren't many lodging options. One motel basically. I have never looked into houses to rent, but that might be one way to go. But eating as Tran's has always been a good enough reason to drive through there. But to be honest, we never did very well over there. Maybe ignorance, maybe too quick to fall back onto old spots in Espiritu Santo and Pass Cavallo. These days, I'd probably concentrate on West Matagorda out of Palacios.

You might also think about Seadrift, As far as new water goes, San Antonio Bay is in pretty good shape these days. No big trout, but lots of trout action. Lots of mid-bay reefs. And I know there are some nice rentals in Seadrift.

·
Registered
11,908 Posts
there ain't many places to stay in there in town. I launch from the marina and head into west matagorda bay. there's some decent fishing around tres palacios bay but I don't fish that area much unless I see birds working.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,547 Posts

That should help you out a lot.

·
Registered
583 Posts
If you like how the water looks in POC you will not like Palacios. More days than not the water looks like Yoohoo. I fish out of there quite a bit and it can be tough if the wind blows. Not much protection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
We stayed at Serendipity Rv park right on water, they have cabins and houses, pretty nice and clean. They have a new green lighted pier, the town is pretty dead though, not alot there. they have a few boat ramps around the area.. I would pick Matagorda, or POC over Palacios..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts