2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Imagery by RH Keeling
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats Mark!

Thanks again Rick, Kent and Keith for putting us on the fish and Mark for being a good cover subject. I had plenty of photos to choose from. Got to admit I'm pretty excited about getting my first cover photo published. It's somewhat akin to landing your first major game fish.

(Of course I did have a cover shot of mcgolfer's sister on a Hilton's Offshore Atlas but that was an extremely limited edition!) :D

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Ray,

I used to have a copy of that my pic on my puter but lost it when my hard drive went out. (Along with lots of other nice pictures)! Darn!

·
2Cool Sponsor
1,166 Posts
DM- Obviously pink line works for you in the GOM.

I've heard plenty of fisherman say this color line is NOT for the GOM.

Tell me what you're using and why it worked for you.

·
Imagery by RH Keeling
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good Question Ragman.

Ragman said:
DM- Obviously pink line works for you in the GOM.

I've heard plenty of fisherman say this color line is NOT for the GOM.

Tell me what you're using and why it worked for you.
That rod and reel combo belongs to mcgolfer. I personally don't use pink line but I do know that Rik Jacobsen highly recommends it for red snapper fishing. Maybe mcgolfer has an answer to your question.

Line color might make for an interesting article.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
the only reason the pink line is on that reel is i bought a bunch of ande line on sale. i have large spools of pink,gray,green,bright green,blue, and clear. i like to spool them with different colors so when we tangle i know what line goes with what reel. in a hot bite color doesn't matter but when they aren't aggressive i sometimes have to add a flourocarbon leader to get them to bite.

·
2Cool Sponsor
1,166 Posts
Ah Rik,

I was just goading you a little! ;)

If you can see past that beautiful GOM snapper, you will see not only a Get Strapped bracket, but a line counter!

The only person I know that fishes a 30# reel with a line counter is our one and only McG!, no limit on tackle.

Ya' got be where the fish are to have a chance to catch'em.

Again, congrats!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hey Ray, or Rick, do you have link to the pic ya'll are talking about ??

Rick, i think the multi colored lines are a great idea !.. They should use them on the party boats !! LOL.. I hope to see you at the POC gathering !! Peace..

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
You The Man, Ray!

The postman dropped off Dimin' Dave's copy while we were scrapin' speckies. I didn't get a chance to look at anything but the cover. Guess I'll get mine within the next couple of weeks.

The water sure was nasty saturday in alot of places, but I still managed to find supper off the Dike.....Drew

·
Registered
199 Posts
congrats on the fine catch and makin the cover of a great magazine. whats next the cover of saltwater sportsman or sport fishing. great looking fish. dorado mahi great shot there your pics always inpress me.

Ramon

·
Academy Sports & Outdoors Manager
1,249 Posts
Congrats Ray on the covershot! Congrats Mark on being a cover...er..uh...guy ;) That is a beautiful fish! Rick I am sure you have gotten additional thanks for taking and putting them on the fish!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts