2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a place for a few months by the new channel and the intercoastal canal. I see boats fishing by the channel but can I go from the intercoastal canal and go through the channel to the gulf without someone yelling at me? And any suggestions on heading to Baffin Bay? Got a heavy 20' with a hard top so need to stay in 4' plus.
Thanks for any help.
Chuck

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Yeah there is a no wake zone by Clems right at the bridge. Then go through the channel to packery and when you see the houses shut it down again. I ran through there 2 times last week and the warden stoped 3 boats running flat out in the No Wake zones. I've got a small skiff or I'd head out with you. I'm just not brave enough to take the J16 out there unless the seas are under 1'

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went to the channel Sat. Slowed down at the no wake zone. Saw gamewarden at the channel (got pulled over w/no citations). It is going to be very crowded when they official open it up. Hope it will be awhile before that happens.

Anybody have any fishing tips heading south on the intercoastal?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I've fished Hawksnest Bay, and there are a few spots just around the markers that I know of. I'd be interested in putting in with you at Bird Island and running down to baffin if I could make it down there in my skiff with 12 gallons of gas. Anyone know how many miles it is from Bird Island to Baffin. My boat fully loaded with 3 guys in it runs about 22mph.

·
Ankle Deep Custom Rods
3,467 Posts
Don't quote me but I think it is 17 miles to Baffin from Bird island. Now that is just to the mouth of Baffin and no running around and fishing. I am leaving Marker 37 in the morning and running to Baffin I will track the miles and post up tomorrow night.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,848 Posts
Where is packery channel in relation to Queen Isabella Causeway?

·
Member when we usta.......?
2,835 Posts
It's a long way from the Queen Isabella(SPI) but it runs just north of the JFK(Corpus) and you cross it after you turn left on 361 off SPID.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey guys, I just gotta get in on this thread! Just bought a used Explorer 190 TV last week as I bought a townhouse on Padre just south of Packery last year. I will be doing some work on the boat before bringing it to Corpus but will be interested in someone showing me some of the hot spots and may be interested in a run of two to Baffin.....I thought the way to Bafin was via ICW so one footers shouldn't be all that hard to come by! and I've always heard it was 30-35 miles, about the same distance to Port A, but that's just what I've heard.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From what I have seen it is about 20 to 25 miles to the entrance. I do know a few fishing guides make fairly regular trips from north padre to Baffin.
This is my first weekend in this area and have only headed about 10 miles down so far. There are more gamewardens in this area than I have seen around the Port A area. Not saying this is bad but be prepared.
Leaving Tuesday after a long wet weekend with little or no fish.
Wont be back until the 13th. Hope for some nice weather for the opening of gulf shimping season!!!
Chuck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.