2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Ox, Brenda, help me out

8K views 89 replies 33 participants last post by  Bay Gal 
Oh Man,

I came home from work and the kids were headed for a night in Austin.I gave Zach the parent talk about having his little sister in the truck with him and kissed the two of them good-bye and told them to call me when they made it to Aunt Joans. Zach stops to fill up with fuel and the next thing I know is my phone is ringing.I hear Faith in the back ground crying and my heart sunk! Then Zach tells me Faith won't get back in the truck unless he rescues a Bassethound that is wandering the parking lot and he wants to know what to do. I yell to good-ole-dad (monty) and the next thing I know the kids are walking up with a dog that is in distress. All I know is that it's not sleeping in my room! Zach called the local police department(non-emergency #) and they told him animal control was not available and unless the dog was biting or acting mean they could not do anything. I had to laugh when he said he told the dispatcher "Well the dog won't make it till tomorrow and you don't have a little sister crying in your ear!", Any who the dog goes to the vet first thing tomorrow. By the way the picture doesn't come close to showing you what condition she is really in.

THIS IS FAITH, NOT STACYW!

Sadie made it through the night. She slept on a blanket by the couch.(my new found bed) She got up at 4 Am to be let out. Later on she had breakfast. She has a vet appointment at 11:30 today. I hope all goes well!!!

Faith

Well we just got back from the vet. He said she is very under weight(duh) and that she tested positive for heartworms. On a health scale from 1 - 5 (1 being the lowest) she is a 1. He said to feed her chicken, rice, & puppy food. She is supposed to drink pedialyte(sp) and gatorade because they are high in electrolytes(sp) and she was very dehydrated. They gave us a wormer to give her and a flea prevention pill. He said not to worry about the heartworms until she is back up to weight(she weighed 35 pounds). Other than that she is fine. Oh Yeah, they estimated her to be between the ages of 4 & 6.

Faith

-JAW- said:
Mont, I hope all your other four footed friends have been tested for heartworms and are on heartworm preventative medicine. If not, get them tested and on the once a month pills as soon as possible! They could get infected from the bassethound.

God Bless You for all you do!

All of our dogs are either spayed or neutered, all get there advantage, all take monthly preventive heartguard.I would not have a pet if I couldn't provide proper care. We are fortunate enough to be able to afford to do so. I am lucky enough to have Faith who loves to bathe them,and work with them. The little girl did an adult dog training course and was top of her class! I came across my sheltie the same way as we came across sadeye (my sp.) They did not think she would make it either but here it is 10yrs. later and she is forever devoted to me. Other then a thyroid problem that meds take care of she is faboo!....Stacy

Once Again, I am posting under my mom's name!

As I type she is sitting by my feet and won't quit nudging my hand(guess she wants attention). But anyways just a liitle while ago my brothers boston Terrier,Boston, came in and was trying to get Sadeye (notice the spelling - pronounced Sadie spelled sad eye) to play. I have never heard her bark b4 but when he tried getting her to play she made the wierdest noise. It sounded like a howl crossed between a bark crossed between a grunt. I guess I'm just not used to a bassets bark. Anyhow, she's doing better today. She just had her breakfast about an hour ago. She had 2 scrambled eggs(yes dad I know I cook better for the dog than you) & rice and chicken mixed with puppy chow. She gets along good with the other dogs.

-JAW- Reba is outside because since we got our yard fenced in she hasn't got out of the pond long enough to dry off. I think she gonna start growing algea soon.LOL

Faith Again!!!

Sadeye is doing good but not to thrilled about her crate training. (not suprising if she was in fact from a puppy mill) She just recently got wormed and to my surprise didn't put up a struggle. I finally got the okay from the mom and dad that I could keep her. (after I got the responsibility lecture) I am so happy I finally have a dog that likes car rides (our other dogs do but not my personnal dog). My dachshund, Doc, hates rides which is really hard for me because I want to bring my dog everywhere. Dad said after sadeye gets back up to health we can bring her to one of the gatherings.

Faith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.