2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to pull the trigger on an overnighter tomorrow, and the crew is debating the risk/reward of a straight run to Tequila or Cerveza versus a longer run (and possibly more fish) to Little Sister and/or the intersections.

We plan on hitting the end of the jetties around 1 tomorrow and will be cruising around 20 knots. Main focus will be blackfin at night and AJ's in the morning, with a little trolling thrown in tomorrow evening as we approach the chosen destination.

We'll be in a 29" Luhrs (no plastic fittings :)) with twin Yanmars and 300 gallons of fuel, so we can range comfortably to Little sister.

Anyone been out there lately that can provide some insight on the bite?

Gracias.

Mark

·
Registered
187 Posts
mcgolfer said:
captain c your bay boat doesn't have the range to get you to and from tequila....rick
McG,
That's just cold!!!! Funny as hell, but cold!!! :rotfl:

Junior

Semper Fi
:flag:

A speck of dirt on your windscreen could turn into an enemy fighter in the time it took to look round and back again. A little smear on your goggles might hide the plane that was coming in to kill you.
â€" Derek Robinson, 'Piece of Cake.'

·
Registered
403 Posts
Third Bar Slim,

did you get the diesel conversion done on the 29 luhrs? if so who did you have do it?

to everybody,

anybody ever had a gas to diesel conversion done? any suggestions, really just kinda looking at what it would cost

justin

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
The Vitamin Sea has been raised and is parked at a boat yard in Texas City. See my explaination of the loss on the thread below.

Re-power of twins- $50 to $60k or more. Alot depends on what you start with as far as running gear (shaft size), the size of your engine bays, and access issues. If you have a small block gas, there are fewer choices unless you have a real long and tall engine bay. For small block replacement, the two most popoular are Cummings and Yanmar. Both are $18 to 20k with transmissions and gauges in the 230 to 250 hp. range. I recently got a quote on a Volvo 300 hp. with Volvo tranny at $27k each plus tax and install.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Doh. 29" inch boat can't possibly make that run, can it? Correction.....it's a 358" Luhrs.

Rumor has plastic through hull fittings as a possible cause of the Vitamin C incident. Given that it's a rumor, I really had no business making that reference, and I apologize for doing so.

Diesels are original equipment. My brother bought the boat new in 1998 and it has been a great craft for him.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. If you see a little bitty, teenie weenie Luhrs bobbing around out there be sure and give us a shout.

Mark

·
Premium Member
23,848 Posts
Mark, a 29 incher might make the run, but it would need lots of fuel stops and I wouldn't blame a Mr. Ling for trying to inhale it. Y'all stay safe, it's really kicking here tonight, so I hope it lays down for ya. Give me a shout, Sunday on the way home. I should be around the house.

PS, you got the only 358 on this board, it's an honor to know such a bidnessman ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts