2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 1/2 ton chevy ex. cab with a 350 and a 3.73 gear. I want to put a small camper on it, camper weighs about 1000-1200 lbs. anyone have any experience with either springs or air overload systems? Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
I have a 1000lb cabover which I used a F-150 to carry it. I definitely had to add helper springs to be manageable. That's all I did, however, after having a F-250 I realize that I should have beefed up the front (sway bar / after shocks) as well. Going to thicker sidewall tires would have helped too.

·
Registered
864 Posts
If you intend to leave the camper on the truck, overload springs are the way to go. If you intend to take the camper off and on when needed, air bags would offer more versatilty by allowing you to adjust the air pressure to compensate for changes in load.

·
Roll Tide!
15,787 Posts
I've had air bags on a couple of trucks and really liked them. They are very versatile and don't affect the ride at all.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I second the air bags, I've got the manual inflates on my F-250 now and it really is nice to level out the stance when towing something with a lot of tongue weight.

Craig

1 - 5 of 5 Posts