2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is a 80,000 mill graphite med. action 6'6'' RAIN SHADOW that i built about two years ago. this is what happens when you over bend the blank. he wanted to know if there is a warranty, i said construction warranty only. i was up set with this break. i had alot of work in it and it was upsetting. this is part of selling to a new custom and through third party my son. the guy had never fished with a quality rod in is life. the guy did confess to over bending.

View attachment 250253

View attachment 250254

View attachment 250255

View attachment 250256

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
It's not your fault. I just finished an article on the exact same topic. He can ship the blank to Batson and they will work with him to the best of their ability.

Charlie

·
Banned
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
pic

:work:
this is a 80,000 mill graphite med. action 6'6'' ST. CROIX blank, with aaa cork ring handle and foregrip that i built about two years ago. this is what happens when you over bend the blank. he wanted to know if there is a warranty, i said construction warranty only. i was up set with this break. i had alot of work in it and it was upsetting. this is part of selling to a new customer through a third party, my son. the guy had never fished with a quality rod in is life. the guy did confess to over bending. i'm not say that it was his falt, i seen where the blank had salt water fish scales all over it. you jump a twenty pound red in those sabine lake mud flats. these high module blanks don't have a chance. i'm going to build him another blank but with about 40,000 mill graphite.

this is the pic i did not download correctly...........bennie

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
little confussed first it was an 80,000 mill Rain Shadow blank then a St Croix.
Could be wrong but I don't believe either company has an 80,000 mill blank.
St Croix top line blank SC-VI is only 62,000 mill and wasn't avalible two years ago

·
Banned
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i don't know

:eek:hwell::eek:hwell::eek:hwell::eek:hwell: i think that rainshadow did make 80 mill for about year after they came in from china. i made a mistake when looking at the rod as i examined the blank and found the scare all the way down the blank that cause the break. from examining it i seen that i made a mistake that the blank was a st croix. i do know that it was high mod. i make alot of rods and do not keep up with all the different spec. please for give me!!!!!

·
Registered
892 Posts
When a blank explodes like that with clean breaks it means an "overload" failure occured. Either the blank was completely over stressed beyond it's design or the user grabbed the blank higher up above the front grip maybe near the butt guide (causing a shear point) and that didn't allow the stress to be transfered down the full length of the rod as it's designed to do.

Either way it was misused regardless of the material it was constucted with.

·
Banned
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
broken rod

:texasflag:texasflagactually it was broke in four places. after examination there's a section of it missing. i guess it fell in the water. this tells me that it was a fishing break and the section with no guides fell in the water. the best way to examine a rod is under a magnifing glass. it will show if anything has slide down the blank like the rod was wrapped around the boat, ceiling fan or canopy. i found about an 18 " rub down the side of this blank.
thanks raymond, i read that artical and it was very interesting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts