2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Gulp really did outfish live bait today. Hit the surf with Texxan around 6pm and fished till 830. He had piggies and I had gulp 3" white shads and char. curly tails. I caught a hardhead and a whiting before he got there. Then we both caught a shark (his was a little bigger) and I caught another whiting (bout 4 inches,lol). Saw about 2 trout caught by a shrimp guy but that was about it. Big pods of large mullet but nothing else for us.
till next time

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
Yeah, I keep multiple bags of Gulp in my tackle box now.

I hate that they're so expensive but I can't afford to not have them. They're too productive at times.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
Berkley Gulp... Its soft plastics that are scented.. Stink to high heaven..

and Outlaw, I dont consider a hardhead and a two inch whiting to be considered outfishing live lol.... Those little turds werent big enough to eat my piggy

Thomas

·
In the Surf
665 Posts
I tried gulp 3 inch new penny thursday under a cajun thunder in the surf and didnt get many hits, those that I did I were to small to hook. Switched over to sand eels and caught a 24 incher, and 5 more trout. Im just not convinced by the Gulp Baits just yet. Aslo tried them freelined and only caught trash fish.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Location, location the surf is all about the same right now anyway.

and besides, size don't matter (at least it's what I've been told,lol) I still caught more fish even if I had to snag the whiting!

·
Banned
214 Posts
I've tried the gulp and DOA's. The DOA shrimp.......shrimp color/pink tail have out done the gulps every time. No more gulps for us. Persoanl preference.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had some pink tail but only brought the gold speck. they didn't get any takers either. I'll try pink ones next time too.

·
A.K.A. Jacob's dad
2,440 Posts
doa

Yessir, chunked new penny, white, molting and nothing. Tied on gold glitter doa and a solid 18" incher for the ice chest. Gulp juice was everywhere and had to do the bleach wash. My first experience with them after all the hoopla I've heard.

·
Not on call Steve!!
2,840 Posts
Texxan1 said:
Berkley Gulp... Its soft plastics that are scented.. Stink to high heaven..

and Outlaw, I dont consider a hardhead and a two inch whiting to be considered outfishing live lol.... Those little turds werent big enough to eat my piggy

Thomas
I would have to agree. I don't even consider catching hardheads as anything. They aren't even allowed in the boat. LOL!!
Steve

·
Banned
98 Posts
I was surrounding by people Sat morning throwing all kinds of bait who weren't catching anything. I was catching every cast for 2 hours with a gulp. Granted it was just croaker and whiting, occaisional shark but it sure beats having to deal with live bait. Just me, a rod, and a package of gulp shrimp shoved in a pocket. Not as much concern with bait stealers either and I caught a really nice red on one of the 2". Just bought 6 pkgs off ebay cheaper than I could at Academy, and I got the colors I wanted. FYI, the Academy on 59 btwn kirby and sheperd are out of most of the 3" with very few of the 2", heard walmart was the place to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts