2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......and just got home this afternoon from a week in Methodist Hospital, following a planned bowel resection last Monday and both my Dr.s say I should be able to drive in a week and fish as soon(nah I said that) heck I'm getting wild here just typing.
Seriously, might drive in another week and I should be 80% in six weeks and 100% in less than a year. Guess it beats the alternative! (can't laugh out loud)
Morphine for 5-6 days will really make you feel like, well like the 60's.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Mr. K...

glad to hear you're recovering. As you said, it beats the alternative. I was really hoping to see you at the Outriggers Tourney next Saturday. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

Everyone at SCA Galveston Bay Chapter wishes you nothing but the best!

Take care,
Gary

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Out of Action

Hey Guy...

Glad you are out of the hospital, free of the great jello they serve and on the way to full recovery...Don't get to liking that old Morphine to much...<G>
You might think you have two big fish on the line instead of the one you have...
Just a thought here? Watch getting any of that ole nasty Viberio bacteria into any of your incesions, etc...That would not be a "good thing"
My daughter just had one of those elective Gastric Bypass tummy operations in middle of May and she is not 100% healed up yet...Doctor friend of mine told me years ago that a person needs a full year to fully recover from any major operation regardless of how great he or she may feel..
Speedy recovery to you...

frank n texas

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, Gary,
seems like i'm snakebit when it comes to helping out SCA more, wish I could be at the tournament. I'll definately still get the art there and we'll be at the banquet. Frank n texas, thanks for the heads up about getting any infections, that would definately be game-over. I'll keep it sprayed with five coats of liquid bandage if I am anywhere near the canals or beachfront.

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
Kenny,

Must be fishing too much. :) Tim's back was bothering him the other day and you had surgery and I know how much both of you fish.

Let me know if there is anything you need.

Get well soon.

Jim

·
Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
Get Well Soon Kenny

After all, no one can give a Galveston beach/weather report as accurate as you! Glad the operation went well.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Hope You Get To Feeling Better Soon....

...a "planned bowel resection??" Maybe I should get one of those. I would avoid listening to Cheech and Chong albums while under the influence. (We) don't want to rip something new. CF? :eek:

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Kenny, Didn't know you had the surgery. I hope you make a full and speedy recovery. You take it easy and pay close attention to all the doc'c post-op instructions. We need our beach weather guy back asap! :D

Seriously though, good luck and please keep us up-dated on your progress.

·
But, I live in Bayou Vista!
1,630 Posts
I wish I had known you were over there, I would have been happy to come over and tell you jokes at lunch! Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts