2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Deadeye McGee
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do 8,000 to 10,000 mostly Haitian, Cuban, Venezuelan and Nicaraguan migrants amass under a bridge in Del Rio, Texas and the first time we hear about this yesterday! This is unbelievable to me! I guess they just dropped out of the sky and landed there!

·
'81 Aggie
1,601 Posts
How do 8,000 to 10,000 mostly Haitian, Cuban, Venezuelan and Nicaraguan migrants amass under a bridge in Del Rio, Texas and the first time we hear about this yesterday! This is unbelievable to me! I guess they just dropped out of the sky and landed there!
According to Ted Cruz, they're 85% Haitian, and just started gathering in those numbers a week ago when Sleepy Joe announced an end to deportation flights to Haiti. Before that, there were a few hundred under the bridge. Most of the Haitian refugees have been living in Latin and South America since they escaped the big quake. Once the flights were cancelled, into Texas they came. It's amazing how quickly word gets around in the cell phone age.

They're saying that 10,000 is just the tip of the spear now that there's no deportation flights. Just wait until the ones living south of Mexico make their way to the Promised Land.

·
Play Deep
3,631 Posts
They have been staging in Mexico for a couple weeks - another huge -15,000 herd coming. Crossing river at will - CV carrying , disease riddden 3rd world folks getting on the United States free tit program - Haitians hate Americans and aren’t good folks. Thanks Joe and Kamala

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
It was a strategic move on the part of the coyotes. Del Rio doesn't have the man power and is way to small to handle that many people and they knew it. Government agencies are struggling to get people out there to help. Spoke to a buddy of mine that was asked to go, he told them he'll no, those Haitians are too violent.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Just doin what all the white Europeans did in the 1800's is all.
Yeah, not really.

This has been all over the news & I don't sense any bias other than the use of the term "migrants" when they are in fact asylum seekers. But poverty is not a criteria for asylum, nor are natural disasters. The administration announced over the weekend that they are resuming sending them back to their place of origin.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Yeah, not really.

This has been all over the news & I don't sense any bias other than the use of the term "migrants" when they are in fact asylum seekers. But poverty is not a criteria for asylum, nor are natural disasters. The administration announced over the weekend that they are resuming sending them back to their place of origin.
Biden will send them back to their place of origin as soon as they complete the Trump investigation, meaning never going to happen.
What is going on at the border is a disgrace. I think we need to bus all these good folks to Delaware and DC. where I am sure they will make outstanding citizens.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Biden will send them back to their place of origin as soon as they complete the Trump investigation, meaning never going to happen.
Except for the fact that they are already being deported. 300 on Sunday and the planes are starting to stage to do more every day. The administration actually used the term, "accordingly with our immigration laws." I was shocked; almost choked on my snack.

·
Registered
193 Posts
But in the 1800's the people that were here didn't pay for their housing, food, healthcare and whatever else we pay for. You want to give your money to them write a check. I'd rather help out actual Americans and even the people that are trying to become US citizens. I don't want to pay for someone that doesn't really want to be a US citizen and sends money back to their country where they really want to be. And I deal with people like that every day that openly admit they don't want to be US citizens.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
except its not 220 years ago. Little different today dont you think.
Yep, laws are different for sure. My earliest ancestors came here in the 1820s, sailing up the St Lawrence river, through all of the great lakes to what is now Green Bay Wisconsin, before it was even a US Territory. They staked, cleared and built their own dairy farms, having brought the first Holsteins to this continent (yes, we were the original cheese heads). Whatever immigration laws that applied at Ellis Island had no jurisdiction there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm not an expert on history but I certainly don't remember Europeans walking across the Rio Grande River in the 1800s to gain access to what is now Texas. There's a place named Six Flags Over Texas for a historical reason.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yep, laws are different for sure. My earliest ancestors came here in the 1820s, sailing up the St Lawrence river, through all of the great lakes to what is now Green Bay Wisconsin, before it was even a US Territory. They staked, cleared and built their own dairy farms, having brought the first Holsteins to this continent (yes, we were the original cheese heads). Whatever immigration laws that applied at Ellis Island had no jurisdiction there.
Well, someone had to kill or remove all the original Americans in Wisconsin before they could do all that.

·
dontremember
3,265 Posts
it's called conquest. been going on for a long time. main reason to have borders and defend them.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts