2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys --- A good handful of our customers have been asking us about buying a hat with catfish Supply Co on it ... Not sure why anyone would want a hat with our name on it -- But I figured I would do it and sell them cheap - Figured the advertising could not hurt us ... Anyway - Just got our first sample hat in ... I will list the things my wife has already decided needs to be changed (like I get that much of a say so anyway) -- #1 - The bill is too long - This will be corrected - #2 - The colors are off - The teal will be a different shade - The Blue on the front will be a dark navy blue - The Catfish will be a light grey with just a hint of blue - with a darker grey outline ... You can not see it well on the picture , however the hat has a sandwich style on the front where you can see an outline of dark blue around the bill of the hat ...
Now I like the colo0r of this hat , however I will have an opportunity to do some different things with another color hat -- I have condsidered just changing the bill color and thread around the breathing holes in that hat .. I just do not know ... Any opinions on the current hat and also what I can do on a 2nd hat would be appreciated .. These opinions are important , because if you wouldn't condsider buying one (if you were n the market for a Catfish Supply Co hat - mind you) -- It is really useless .... Well here are the pics - Tell me tell me tell me ... Oh yes and I would like to make the www.catfishsupplyco.com on the back in thicker colors ...

Thanks ,

Catfish

Attachments

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I can say that the wife is right about the bill on the hat, but you done good on the velcro on the back dont change that. I hate it when its some fangdangled contraption that never works right. Well post up when you get the new one..............LATER,dAVE

P.S. Im a hat junky so keep up the good work.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Cool!

I like the color too. But would a longer bill not be useful in the sunlight while fishing? Also, how about a model with mesh on the back, for a cooler noggin?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the mesh thing sounds good , however I am not sure how it is marketable to the masses --- I may have just a few made special -- The longer bill does help in the sunlight - however it looks odd and I think that hurts the marketability -- although I have 1 I have been wearing for a few days - It is not even good and sweaty yet -- hehe

·
Registered
728 Posts
Is there any chance of getting one in a wide-brimmed model? I've been looking for a hat like one of those boonie hats used by my friends in Viet Nam. I didn't really want a camo hat, I want one with a chin strap to keep it on my head or around my neck when the boat is moving (someday)... I like the wide brim 'cause it keeps sun off my big ears in addition to my balding head...

Tom

·
Registered
564 Posts
I want one! But with the longer bill on it if possible. I'm just an old married poot that don't have to impress anyone, so I choose function over form anytime, I used to have an old khaki hat that had a really long bill and it was a great help in the Texas sun. It finally got so old and raggedy and moldy that my wife threw it away when I wasn't looking. I still bring that up when she wants me to do something I don't want to do.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Spend a little more

and get a cap that will fit the heads of us larger guys. That style of cap don't look good on a big guy. Makes us look like we got pointy little heads.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Maybe you could sell two models, one long-brimmed model with a pocket for stink-bait for fishin' and a short brimmed style for goin' courtin' and weddings.

·
We all have it coming......
8,788 Posts
It looks top shelf to me. Them big ol' high crown trucker style caps make me look plum stupid.

·
Registered
798 Posts
And that's

TXPalerider said:
It looks top shelf to me. Them big ol' high crown trucker style caps make me look plum stupid.
how I look in one of those pointy head caps. LOL But it really don't matter, if I don't like the style of cap, I don't buy it.

·
Old Fool
38 Posts
Shorter bill and mesh, I got the check ready for ya.

Hawkeye, check out Cabela's Boonie hat. I have used it for several years in HOT weather. And, it floats long enough to retreave should wind blow it off.

·
Registered
564 Posts
My primary concern in a fishen' hat is always keeping as much of the sun out of my face as possible and it would help if it could also keep it off of my already red neck, so I like Hawkeyes idea. Wide brim boonie hat. How about a fishing sombrero? Sorry, bad idea. But like I said, form should always follow function, imho.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well, the ski mask might prevent so many frightened women and children, but it tends to collect the redman juice. Usually I reserve the dribbles for my shirt-sleeve, the main shots are for the bait(my secret is out).

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
On the subject of the mesh in the back I think youll sell some just the whole"trucker hat" look is in right now with the masses. But order just a few of what you and the wife decide on and see what moves through the door. I know Ill take a hat not sure what style yet,have to see whatcha come up with. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps some.....................later,Dave

1 - 20 of 40 Posts