2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife wants an eliptical workout thing for christmas. i have used a few before and i know that some are good$$$$ and some are pure junk. i am currently offshore working till just before christmas and cant get on a bunch and try them out. does anyone have some experience with these things. opinions, whats good, whats bad. Thanks for any info. MIKE

·
Registered
216 Posts
I haven't used one, but have been researching for quite a while. One of the highest rated ones other than the commercial units that run $2k-$6k is the "Sole". They can be ordered from Sole or purchased at Dick's Sporting Goods. I am considering the model E55 which has a heart rate monitor. This one sells everywhere for $1499 and says that retail is about $2400. It has a 20in stride and about the best warranty available. You can save $200 if you just get the hand pulse monitor with the E35.

·
Certified Man Card Holder!
1,652 Posts
She wouldn't be open to getting a gym membership instead would she? Very few people I know actually use workout machines that are at their house, but they are somewhat more consistent with going to the gym. Get a year contract and a couple of personal training sessions and that should really get her going.

Other than that I am not much help and I probably didn't help at all but figured I would throw that out there.

·
Hold my beer.....
4,025 Posts
Precor is the only one i would go with. Same type/brand you will find at the gyms! You can find them every now and then for sale by owner and you can save some money! Great units for sure but kinda expensive

·
Registered
631 Posts
My advice would be for her to join a YMCA or something. A good machine would run you at least a grand. A YMCA membership will run you around $40/month and can be discontinued almost anytime.

Besides, I don't know about anyone else, but home exercise equipment for me becomes a clothing rack after a short time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Can't tell you what to buy....but becareful of Nordic Track.com ...........we have had a terrible experience with them!!!!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
If she is really serious about getting in shape then get her some nice tennis shoes and start walking the parks or go to a local YMCA and see if there is a walking group that she can join in. I can almost guarantee you that any equipment you buy for home use is gonna be aplace to hang clothes on after 1-2 months. Gym membership is the same thing. Why do you think they want you to sign a multi year deal.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have thought about the not using it thing. I think i will use it as well. we walk almost every day as we have 1 very hyper dog thats needs to get out. but also try to do other exercise at home as well. I dont think she will go for the gym thing as its just not her thing. i have read that about nordictrack, have looked at the Proform, but all seem to have issues. i gues ill just hope for the best with what i get. and the extended warrenty. Thanks and keep the suggestions coming, or warnings too. MIKE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts