2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some opinions. Does anybody think High Island will be fishable this weekend? Will there be any beach left to park on by Sat? Information will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
All I can say is that I heard PINS and Port A beaches are closed......................later,Dave

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
High Island

I'd say yes, High Island is fishable right now and PINS and SPI will probably open up by tomorrow morning or afternoon. Keep your eyes on the buoys. Here is the latest shot of 42035 20 miles East of Galveston. Looks like 2.6 ft.
Good luck. Driving should be good on most beaches after all the swells subside.

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
The periods after the big waves and high tides caused by a hurricane a few hundred miles away can create some interesting fishing as it seems to move the fish around. About 12 years ago there was a huge hurricane that hit south of Brownsville and our only affect was large waves and super high tides. We were catching lots of 5-6' blacktips and all of the bull reds you could stand off of the Sea Wolf Park pier the week after that storm.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
HI reds should be as good as it gets this weekend, I plan to be there and find out. Hope the sharks are there too.

·
HuntnFishnFool
56 Posts
Looking better

I'll bet those reds are ****** off and ready to eat anything in their path. :fish:

good luck,
willbo

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I'm planning to go to HI this Sat am...Went to the Flagship pier last night 6-10 pm
Caugh Nothing...Did Not see a single run/bump ect...But I'm still planning to be there...
I KNOW that you cannot catch anything at Home....
Jackie

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Bullreds were thick at the dike in TexasCity right at sundown. I went out for a little bit and caught two 40" and one 42" and lost three, saw a guy get broke off. I am gonna run back out there this evening.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Bullreds were thick at the dike in TexasCity right at sundown. I went out for a little bit and caught two 40" and one 42" and lost three, saw a guy get broke off. I am gonna run back out there this evening.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts