2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need opinions on majek 20v. Found one for sell but havent seen it yet. I know how the extreme is(very fast, unstable to fish out of). How does the 20v compare to the 22 extreme and other comparable boats.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Majek

A buddy of mine has one and I have fished it many times. Seems to be a pretty good boat, we were fishing 4 guys out of it pretty easily. I can't really speak of how it handles chop but it will run pretty shallow. Not a very fast but I wouldconsider it pretty stable. I would not hesitate buying one.

·
Perch Slayer - Bambi Killer
714 Posts
20v

My 20V Majek is a good multi-purpose boat. Mine will run around 43mph with a VMAX 150. Runs very shallow but will not get up as shallow as a redfish line. Has a much better ride than a redfish line but not as good as the extreme. Fairly dry on most days but it will get you wet with the right wind and the right chop (most boats will). The boat does not have a key slot so it will allow a little more fishing room on the back deck. I would say the 20V is a great hardcore fishing boat that will last. Overall I like mine.

·
Adrift on the Mother Lagoon
828 Posts
It cannot be compared to the Extreme. Something I've always noticed over the years is there are very few 20V's for sale that are used. Most people that get one don't ever want to sell it. They aren't the fastest, or the shallowest, or the smoothest, but what boat is? But they just happen to be a much more versital boat than most realize, particullaly on the Laguna. I have fished out of one a few times, but we have used it for duck hunting more times than that because it is so versital.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
My neighbor has one with a 150VMAX on it. It is not the fastest boat, and it is a bit rough, but nothing like some shallow running boats. It is what I would call stable to fish out of and runs shallow enough for most people's tastes. It seems to be built very well. If it's in good condition, I don't think you could go wrong.

Sonny

1 - 6 of 6 Posts