2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever sea trialed one and do they really get as good of fuel economy as they say and how do they compare to the big names like contender,yellowfin,regulator

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
In my opinion these boats are just too narrow for the gulf. I have only sea trialed the marquassas 22' from panga marine but it was slick calm that day. They are extremely fuel effecient though. Panga Marine has gotton away from the whole panga concept too. These boats have cheap finish and are supposed to be for the "hard fisherman only" type who doesnt care about the bells and whistles. Well I can definitely say that it's a good concept, but their price is not a lot cheaper than some of the other boats in it's class with a better finish and more reputable name.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sparrfish.

My father is the local rep for PangaMarine (Buzzard Bill). We own the 28' Aventura and take it out frequently out of Freeport. We tend to go out as far as we want and in our opinion she handles gulf chop quite well. My father is the better person to talk to about all the specs. He is currently out of town but pm him and we would love to take you out for a test spin and maybe wet some lines while we're at it.

G

·
All Great Boats

Sparrfish - all the boats you mentioned are great GOM boats including the Panga Marine 28' Aventura. The Panga.com 32' boat does not handle as well as the rest for one simple reason - it only has an 11 degree deadrise and is also a very light boat for its length. It is 1,000 lbs lighter than the Panga Marine 28' Aventura (which has a 22 degree deadrise). I have sea trialed both the 28' Panga Marine Aventura and the 32' Panga.com boat and can tell you first hand there is no comparison. That is why I now own a 28' Aventura. Last Sunday in the 2-3 chop I ran into the headseas at 30mph out 40 miles and no one was beaten up. Very soft landings when it launches and it doesn't launch that much. And not too narrow for our GOM conditions but anyone on this board is welcome to ride with me and see for themselves. The big difference is in the cost - about half as much as a new Contender or Regulator and even less when compared to a new Yellow Fin. Good luck with your choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts