2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the banner across the top for the Gulf restoration network and it reminded me....

does anyone know what the current status of the proposed open loop conoco beacon port lng platform? Ive been to all the meetings that ive seen but alas I must've missed one, that or things slowed down drasticly, which is what I am hoping for. I still cant believe that beacon port isnt getting more press run since its just off the coast of galveston.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess that was sort of what my point was, wheres the texas coverage? beacon port is about on the line between texas and louisianna....

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Seems that a similar plant in Alabama was defeated, but BP says that the plant in Galveston is still planned. The city is challenging the open meetings violation, but haven't heard anything more than that.

Tom

·
Kayak Fisher
7,565 Posts
Lord God,

We have no power against these large companies. We cannot deliver ourselves from their clutches and their greed, and their seeming unconcern for resources. And so often, our government sides with them and gives them anything that they ask for.

But our eyes are on you. You created all things, you know all things, and you love us with the love of a father for his child. I ask you to stop the open LNG terminals that are proposed or will be proposed in the waters along the Texas Gulf Coast.

Whatever hearts you must touch, whatever companies you must sway, I ask you to lead these people in a more responsible way. Lead them to build closed-loop LNG terminals, or even other methods that might be available, to protect your waters and your fish.

And help all of us to be more caring and responsible with the resources that you so graciously have provided for us.

In the name of Jesus I ask it. Amen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts