2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am extending an open invite to any and all forums members and guests that happen to be in the Pickwick/TN river area for this Sat. (26) and two weeks from this Weekend (7/9,10,11) .

Anyone wanting to try their hand at jug/trotline/pole fishing in this area are welcome to join in. We are going to mainly jug fish close to the dam Sat night, and haven't set a definite plan for the next trip. So, if you are in the area and want to fish, just drop me a line. Would help if you had a boat, but not 100% nessecary.

By the way these trips are free other than buy your own bait and food. (No Guide Fees).

·
Registered
47 Posts
I might just hawl the boat down there and hook up with you in july. I have never been down there before but have heard a lot about it. I would be comeing from nashville so id proably get a motel for the weekend. Im not sure how far it is but ill look it up on mapquest.

·
"OMG...git da net!!!
1,299 Posts
Mudd Catt...

Thanks for the invitation...Sorry to say I won't be able to pull it off.Of course,anytime ya'll are in this area,that invitation is"right back at ya".Sounds like it would be a blast...

:fireworks

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good fun

We usualy have an outing like this once or twice a year during the day, but this year work and other obligations have prevented it. It is always a blast, with several boats joining the crowd, heckling each other, talking, having a good ole time. At first glance you would think that a bunch of boats are all crowding in on each other, but we all just fish and not worry about it. and usually have a GRAND time.:)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some kinda fun

We ended up with two boats on this trip due to impending rain in the area Sat night. Our boat landed a 36#, 27#, two 15#, 5 between 3 and 10# blues, and 6 channels around 3-5#'s. The other boat had 14 fish, all channels, but no real big ones (they were using liver on their jugs, and only had 10 out) .

We probably would have gotten bigger and better fish, but with all the rain the last SEVERAL days, they had 8 floodgates open on top of the turbines, and every time we got the jugs close to the "sweet spot", the current would grab them from around the end of the lock wall, and 'away they go'. We chased and moved 2 dozen jugs more times Sat night than I ever have.(or want to).
On top of all that, there were NO big skipjack to be found, so we couldn't target trophy fish all that well.

BUT, we had a blast and am looking forward to doing it again. Maybe if I can get a day off in the next couple of weeks, we are thinking about a day trip. SO if anyone is interested, let me know.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nuh uh

I haven't been behind Wilson all year this year. We went behind Pickwick dam to catch bait and then went RIGHT in front of Pickwick dam to fish. We didn't get more that 3/4 mile from the dam the whole time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.