2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me add one to the list of "stupid things"

OK...So get the giggles out now... I fell out of the back of my truck yesterday and feel like I was hit with a baseball bat today!! It is dayum funny though!

OK...So I was unloading wood...IN FLIP FLOPS.... I went to step over the wood and realized in about a half a step that I wasnt going to have a secure footing on a round log so I pushed off a little harder to get out of the truck and make it to the ground without hitting the corner of the tailgate.

I had about 3 foot of room between the truck, the woodpile and the wife and I made it into the spot, tucked and rolled...

I hit the ground pretty hard and felt my knee twist and thought I might have really hurt myself. After taking a minute to see if I had any exposed bones, I relaized I was ok and got up...

Well, I have found that as I get older, falling with this much *** behind it is a little more painful than when I was in my twenties and thirties... I woke up with aches in places that never touched the ground.... Ahh, getting older..Aint it sweet!?

At least I didnt twist my ankle... Over the years while hunting and chasing bad guys in the hood, I have done damage to my ankles beyond repair...After the last twist, I was laid up for a week and limped around for 9 months... I am quite sure if I ever twist that ankle again, I am gunna poooop myself! ;)

And no, there is no video!! :)

·
Wish the hull of my boat was wet!
10,861 Posts
Glad your ok and I know the feeling. Sometimes things start hurtin and I don't know why! :eek:hwell:

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Yep, ya gotta watch your step once you hit the big 4-0.... Things start popping and snapping.. LOL

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
I learned in my late 20's to stop wearing Flip Flops,..:headknock

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh guys...I sure wish it would have been on video... I would have laughed with you...

But I cant laugh today cuz it hurts!! LOL!!

Reactions: mastercylinder60

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
U live in Kerrville, it's middle of winter,ur unloading fire wood. What the hell were u doing in FLIP FLOPS??? And why wasn't the wife gettin the wood outta the truck
anyway? LOL Glad ur ok.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Glad you're OK bzrk, other than being sore. Wait till you turn 50.
Whoever said the 50's are the Golden years was full of ****.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I did something similar a couple of years ago. Jumped off the tailgate after unloading some firewood in flip flops and landed in a "rut" in the yard. It was only a couple inches deep, but when I landed my foot was on the edge of the rut and my foot rolled. I went down, screamed and almost puked as I became instantly nauseous. The wife said she heard the pop and she got the 'burban and hauled me in.

Ended up with a fractured kankle and some stretched ligaments. Just walking around the house sometime that foot will just roll over and I almost go down. Still hurts every now and then.

Glad the only thing hurting now is your pride. Just wanted you to know you're not alone in the "I work in flip flops" club.

·
Registered
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
U live in Kerrville, it's middle of winter,ur unloading fire wood. What the hell were u doing in FLIP FLOPS??? And why wasn't the wife gettin the wood outta the truck
anyway? LOL Glad ur ok.
1 word...
*******!! LOL!!

Just walking around the house sometime that foot will just roll over and I almost go down. Still hurts every now and then.
Yup...I have the same problem, like I said, I roll that baby again and I am going to have to buy new undies!!

·
Highball !!!!
2,616 Posts
You came out better than me....While having a few too many beers in the hottub,I got out to retrieve another one, and went into the garage where I tripped over the dog(in my flip flops)cut my hand open...went and got stitched up much to my wifes happiness....after healing up I went to get the stitchs removed and the doc asks me(because of my age) When was the last time I had seen a doctor....I told him I never go to doctors, and before I knew it I received a full checkup, complete with colonoscopy(sp)Moral of the story? Dont wear flip flops around the pool or drink out of cans....rio

1 - 20 of 25 Posts