2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I Think There Needs To Be A #3....

Hooked Up said:
Rule # 1 : You must "show up!"
Rule #2 : You need to put "something" in the water.

The rest is just a conversation.

I don't listen to the weatherman much anymore. I just wanna fish. Hope your day was as good as mine! Tight lines, Guy
...you need to pay the guy at the gate...LOL! J/K...CF? :)

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
Man, ya'll must catch some MONSTER croakers!

Those are REDS! I saw them with my own eyes. They are beautiful reds too. The camera just doesn't pick up on the beautiful coloration that was on these fish.
You should have seen them tailing in the water near the bank. Man it was awesome! BIG TAILS!
I'm happy that Guy got to get out and enjoy himself and catch some fish today.
Congrats Guy! Good eatin' to ya!

Kay:cool:

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I Was Funnin' With Ya'

Hooked Up said:
What gate?
You know those places where ya' go in and catch fish in a fenced-in over stocked tank? Ya' fish in these places, catch all you want in about 30 minutes and then ya' pay by the pound when you leave. There's usually some guy at the entrance/exit gate that weighs the fish and takes the money, etc. I took my kids to one years ago in NM and ran up a $190.00 Rainbow Trout bill! LOL! The kids had a blast. Just not very sporty. CF?

·
Banned
355 Posts
Yep, looks like Redfish Farm Reds to me!

Hey, Hooked Up... how wet is it in Bacliff? I guess I can forget about mowing the grass tomorrow?

I gotta come down and change out a water heater... fun, fun.

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
I know where they came from! NAH, NAH, NAH,NAH, NAH,NAH.....

On tops had to be cool! If not, hope you had 3 buds with you! ROTF!

·
Old School 2cool
8,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey ComeFrom

I'm familiar with those places too. These did come from an inland fishery, but I assure you it was not overstocked. You really should give it a try! I'd be willing to go $1.00 a fish with ya. Gary, Geeman, Coolchange and many others will tell you; It's just not that simple. Give us a shout someday. You might be pleasantly surprised. Tight lines, Guy

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Very Gracious Invitation And I Thank You....

Yes it sounds a bit more challenging than marshmellows and Rainbow Trout. Hope we can do it sometime. It sounds fun and without the one or two comments made on this board from years past, I wouldn't know such places existed. I still don't know anything about this, "farm" place. Anywho,...

The initial question in my mind was drawn not from where the fish originated but "....where'd the dots on the tails disappear to?" LOL! Are these dotless reds raised locally by an individual(s) or is the State of Texas (TPWD) involved? What are the daily and size limits on these fish, if any? CF?

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts