2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any websites yall recommend to buy saltwater gear? I use tackle warehouse for my bass fishing, but haven't come across anything similar for the salt.

·
Just call me JJ
7,582 Posts
I've bought reels from Tackle Warehouse and leaders and leader material from eBay, every now and then something from CharkBait.com but for lures and terminal tackle and hooks and such never been able to beat the local Academy.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Fisherman’s Factory Outlet (ffo-tackle.com) is a good place for all sorts of gear: hard baits, soft plastics, terminal tackle, rods and reels. It’s an outlet so their inventory changes periodically but tough to beat the prices. Online orders take a little longer to ship in my experience though.

·
Bayou Burner
706 Posts
Academy- There’s stuff on there that’s not in all stores and they add new products frequently. Plus, the shipping is usually free if you spend over $25. Fast shipping in Texas too. 2-4 days tops.

·
Bayou Burner
706 Posts
Fisherman’s Factory Outlet (ffo-tackle.com) is a good place for all sorts of gear: hard baits, soft plastics, terminal tackle, rods and reels. It’s an outlet so their inventory changes periodically but tough to beat the prices. Online orders take a little longer to ship in my experience though.
Wanted to note that this is a Pure Fishing co. Outlet(Berkley, AbuGarcia)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Landersfishing.com

They have the best “tools” pliers/hook removers/bags and what not.

Local Texas company too

·
Registered
938 Posts
I've bought reels from Tackle Warehouse and leaders and leader material from eBay, every now and then something from CharkBait.com but for lures and terminal tackle and hooks and such never been able to beat the local Academy.
But don't go to your local Academy. They will be out of anything you want to buy. Go to the on line store, free shipping with orders of $25 or more. Fast shipping, in most cases within two days.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
I know you can buy cheaper online but I still try to support local independent tackle dealers as much as I can. The way I see it every dollar spent online drives another nail in the coffin of the local dealers. Tackle shops are like old-time barbershops...cool places to hang out and do business.

·
Taking shots at fish
2,252 Posts
https://www.roysbaitandtackle.com/my-account/

Roy's bait and tackle has a good online store. So does FTU. A lot of bricks and mortar stores have an online presence these days. Not everyone drives by a local tackle spot on their daily journeys. Online ordering makes more sense for a lot of people rather than burning gallons of gas and wasting hours venturing off someplace to a physical store.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Are there any websites yall recommend to buy saltwater gear? I use tackle warehouse for my bass fishing, but haven't come across anything similar for the salt.
if you know what you want simply google it and buy. :texasflag

I know you can buy cheaper online but I still try to support local independent tackle dealers as much as I can. The way I see it every dollar spent online drives another nail in the coffin of the local dealers. Tackle shops are like old-time barbershops...cool places to hang out and do business.
Pine Plaza in Dickinson/517/feeder rd was a local guide/fisherman hangout back in the 80's. Paul Browns house always had fishermen and stories as well, really enjoyed going to his house, again in the 80's. these places for the most part are non-existent these days. online is simply convenient, if i can't get it at academy or FTU it's online. :texasflag

1 - 16 of 16 Posts