2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about going back to school online in the evenings and finishing my Bachelors degree. Has anybody on here done the same and if so, where did you go? I would prefer to finish with a Texas school but the info I am finding on-line, most of it points to the University of Phoenix. Thinking about a management degree or maybe even education.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

·
Professional Salesman
9,757 Posts
I got my undergrad degree from Belhaven College on the campus in Jackson, MS. They now have branches in Houston and it is a quality school, but maybe a little expensive (I had GI bill helping). Some schools will give some elective credit for job experience.

If I were you, I would go to UofH at night, and really capitalize on summer classes, you can knock out the hours quickly.

I would get the teaching degree. I have a business degree and regret it.

If you are not too far along, think about a degree in project management. UofH has that program.

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
Been thinking about going back to school online in the evenings and finishing my Bachelors degree. Has anybody on here done the same and if so, where did you go? I would prefer to finish with a Texas school but the info I am finding on-line, most of it points to the University of Phoenix. Thinking about a management degree or maybe even education.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Not sure where you live, because when I got mine I had to show up on a few Saturday's, but Brazosport College has 3 online. (You may not even have to show up at the College anymore) Anyways they have: Business Mgmt., Process Ops. Mgmt. and SHE Mgmt. Small school, so prices aren't too bad. http://www.brazosport.edu/sites/CurrentStudents/BAT/default.aspx

Darlene

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
www.wgu.edu is excellent if you are motivated. You can complete as fast as you want. I got my MBA there and a lady I went to high school with has started the student teaching portion of her education bba. We're both very happy with the program.

www.vct.org Virtual College of Texas. Works in conjunction with your local junior college. I took some of these courses when I was completing my AAS. Great for getting your basics out of the way.

Whatever you choose, if they can offer Pell Grants or Federal Loans... they are properly accredited. If they can't... look elsewhere.

·
Every man dies not every man truly lives
1,005 Posts
Most of the traditional colleges here in texas are now offering on line degrees. You might just research on line for your particular major and you will be surprised at who will do it on line for you. I got my degree from Midwestern State University in Wichita Falls. I never even went to their campus until it was time to walk up to the podium. Very nice college. I liked it because the on line program is just a fraction of the student body. www.mwsu.edu is the website..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts