2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just have to share how very proud Troutsnot and I are of our son, Brandon. He has applied for H.P.D.'s Academy, and keeps getting a little closer to making it become a reality. He made a '100' on his written exam, survived the obstacle course, and as of yesterday, passed the polygraph test with flying colors. He now begins the 'waiting' game while they begin his reference checks. Because he lived in New York the past year, and graduated there in May, he was informed they may actually fly somebody there to perform part of his background check. If all goes well with this step, all he has left is him medical exam and psychological test. The next Academy begins August 13th, and he is praying all the above can be complete before then. The 'New York' part may delay it, and if so, he would have to wait until October 1st (his birthday) to begin.

Brandon is actually Troutsnot's (Don's) stepson, but the word 'step' is not used in our house. Don and Brandon have developed a relationship like none other through this law enforcement journey, with Don being in his 15th year as a police officer. I am so very proud to say that Don has been Brandon's biggest supporter through this venture, and beams as only a proud dad can when Brandon shares another bit of encouraging news!!! God truly blessed me with a new husband who loves my children as I do, and I love his just as much!

If you have a moment, please say a prayer that all goes well for Brandon, and his dream becomes a reality! Also, remember to keep all of those who risks their own lives for us on a daily basis in your thoughts and prayers!

MrsTroutsnot

·
Registered
502 Posts
Congrats!!!! Its not an easy task thats for sure! I wish him the best of luck and hope they can get him in to the August Class.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Congrats to your son!!!! As a fellow police officer for the last 12 years I honestly can't see myself doing anything else. I guess it's because it's something new every day. When you think you have seen it all, you get surprised. Also, after the first "Rookie" year you will have LOTS of time off for hunting, fishing, spending time with family, etc. Tell him when he makes Detective, to stay on top of his caseload so he can surf 2cool during downtime!!!:D

Again congrats!!!! If he ever has questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Congratulations! Our son is a Pearland Officer so we know what the waiting is like. Hope the background, medical and psych go quickly.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Congratulations. Houston needs all the good ones they can get. My youngest brother has been with HPD for 16 years.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm very proud of Brandon. He decided/focused what he wanted to do with his life and has worked hard to make it happen. It's a privilege to be a small part of his dream, he is a great guy. I read today more officers have died in the line of duty this year than in many of the previous. Approx 101 across the US in the 1st half of the year. Please pray for the families.

All the best Bud……………

Don

P.S.

Sweetie, I guess if I had been that focused when I was his age we would be retired and living on the Coast by now…… Ouch!

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Prayers sent...and my Congrats to all!!!...your pride is showing!..as it should be!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Troutsnot said:
I'm very proud of Brandon. He decided/focused what he wanted to do with his life and has worked hard to make it happen. It's a privilege to be a small part of his dream, he is a great guy. I read today more officers have died in the line of duty this year than in many of the previous. Approx 101 across the US in the 1st half of the year. Please pray for the families.

All the best Bud……………

Don

P.S.

Sweetie, I guess if I had been that focused when I was his age we would be retired and living on the Coast by now…… Ouch!
Thanks for the P.S. reminder, my love! It means I have another 5 - 8 years of lunches to pack instead of watching the boats go by while watching sunsets in the evenings. LOL!!!!

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Congratulations to y'all on Brandon's progress in the hiring in procees on HPD. Tons of folks don't get that far along, I'm sure. PDs are intentionally slow and deliberate in their hiring for obvious reasons. In this day and age you can't be too careful.

It make me feel good that they take the care and trouble to do a thorough background check on prospective candidates.

I know y'all are looking forward to seeing you man in uniform. Don't foget to post up some pics.

Way to go Brandon, and best of luck to ya!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts