2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually don't do this, But I am probably more proud of my Nieces accomplishments than her own parents!

Here's a short Bio that was printed about her.
Ms. Lauren Augustin is at CHL for a month starting 19 June and is working with the Coastal Inlets Research Program (CIRP) team. As part of her research, Lauren will establish the Coastal Modeling System (waves, current, and sediment transport) at the newly opened Packery Channel (Inlet), Texas, to study the hydrodynamics and predict morphology change at the site. Packery Channel is being monitored by the Galveston District and the CIRP, and more information on this new jettied inlet can be found at http://goliath.cbi.tamucc.edu/TexasInletsOnline/TIO%20Main/index.htm.

Lauren received a BS in Ocean Engineering from Texas A&M University, College Station, and began work on her MS degree in Ocean Engineering with a focus on coastal processes also at Texas A&M. She recently passed the FE exam and is currently an engineer-in-training (EIT). Memberships include the Marine Technology Society, Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers, Association of Coastal Engineers, and Omega Epsilon (the Ocean Engineering Honor Society). She placed 2nd in the 2005 International Student Offshore Design Competition and received the Distinguished Student Award in 2004.

San Antonio, Texas, is Lauren's hometown. Hobbies include scuba diving, playing guitar, and volleyball. She was a member of the Human Powered Submarine team as an undergraduate, placed 2nd in the one-person propeller division and also placed 2nd in the slalom race in 2005 (international competition).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts