2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I TOOK MY 11 YR OLD SON (ZACHARY) ON HIS FIRST BOWHUNT WITH HIS OWN BOW,AND BOY HE DID NOT DISAPPOINT. SATURDAY MORNING WAS A LITTLE BUMPY THE DEER CAUGHT HIS SCENT AND TOOK OFF. SATURDAY AFTERNOON WAS A DIFFERENT STORY IN MENARD, COUNTY TEXAS. AT 5:10 PM ZACHARY SHOT THIS 7 PT RIGHT UNDERNEATH OUR TRIPODS, THE G5 STRIKER WORKED ITS MAJIC. WE FOUND THE DEER ABOUT 100 YARDS FROM THE STAND .AS A FATHER THIS IS A VERY PROUD MOMENT FOR ME,HE HAS WATCHED ME TAKE SEVERAL ANIMALS WITH MY BOW,BUT NOW I'M DOING THE WATCHING .IT TOOK ME YEARS TO HARVEST MY FIRST WITH A BOW,IT TOOK HIM TWO HUNTS!!IT DOESN'T GET ANY BETTER THAN THIS!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is awesome!!!!!!!

I still remember my first bow kill like it was yesterday. I also remember walking back to the camp house and the look on my mom and dads face when I told them I had one down. I'll bet the look on your face was pretty similar. Congrats to the both of you on the first of many more bow memories.

·
Pirate Looking At 40
611 Posts
WoW that is great

Congrats to you both on a fine hunt & a great deer ....

·
Registered
322 Posts
That is awsome @ 11 years old! I took my first deer ever with a bow last year at 33 years old. If you could bottle up that feeling I had and sell it, I'd be rich. Great buck Zachary and congrats Dad.

·
Registered
469 Posts
What a great story!! Good job Zach. And Dad, you have to be one proud father.. Just seems like yesterday whenever I made my foirst bow harvest, even though I was 24. Took a lot more than 2 hunts to accomplish.. Great Jobs guys..!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts