2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever had one of those days?

My son has a banner that he needs to take to school tomorrow. So I headed out to the garage to get a cardboard tube for the banner. I have several out there from fishing rods that I've gotten in the mail. I grab one and mark off the length that it needs to be and start to cut with a hand saw. It was taking too long and I'm a man and all so I grab the 18 volt recip. saw and go to town. About 3/4 of the way through the carboard tube I start to think my battery must be dieing because it seems to be having a harder time cutting the tube. About that time the tube pulls apart a little and I realize why it was slowing down. It still had a brand new never opened 7 foot Shimano Teramar med/hvy rod in the tube. I had already sawed half way through it.

Don't you hate it when you do a bonehead thing like that? :mad:
What's the chance that Shimano will hook me up with a replacement deal? The rod has been in there for a year (We had a kid right after I got it and don't get to fish as much as I used to).

Jason

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Thank you,
Now I don't feel as bad about doing a few of those myself.

Sorry about the rod.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
That's terrible! Sounds like you have too much going on in your head.

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Tell them what happened. Maybe their PR people with have pity on you and either give you a deal, or replace it. You never know till you try.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Thank you for making me the second dumbest person on the planet! Actually, that sucks. I say do what Brassnadz says, and give them a call, and mention the new kid thing...it might help.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't really expect Shimano to do anything for me. I broke it, my fault. Hey, at least I've got a bunch of brand new line guides that I can use when I damage other rods.

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
sorry but thats funny! Hate it for ya but its funny. I never have done anything like that............yes I have!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts