2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
They call me............PAWPAW!
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just wanted to post up from another perspective about Badhabit's Burners and their performance at the Great Texas Mosquito Festival BBQ Cookoff. This was the 7th year that I've been involved with running this cookoff, and I think the 3rd or so that I have been one of the co-chairmen of it. This year was the largest in the history of the event with 46 registered teams, 21 of which were first-time attendees to our cookoff!

I would like to tip my hat to Darryl and the rest of the Badhabit Burners team for the outstanding job they did, not only in the Brisket division of the cookoff, but in the all-around prep for the event, keeping and running a top-notch camp during, and the break-down and haulout on Sunday morning!

As for the 2nd place finish in Brisket.......OUTSTANDING! Most of ya'll probably don't realize the level of competition that was at this cookoff! There were SEVERAL cookers there that cook on the IBCA circuit and that have accumulated the points to compete on the NATIONAL level! And Darryl left 44 of them scratchin their heads tryin to figure out what was goin on! GREAT JOB BRO! And the fact that all of their other entries made it to the finals table is HUGE also!

It was also WAAAAAAY 2COOL to get to meet some more 2coolers and to visit with the few that I have met previously! I wish that I would have had more time to hangout and visit, but unfortunately I had to keep on the run. I had planned on takin a few pics too, but my camera never came out of my truck, so a big THANKS to everyone for postin up the shots that ya'll took!

Lastly, THANK YOU MONT! For giving us this GREAT place to hang out and hook up with so many OUTSTANDING folks! It feels pretty good to know that there are folks out there that even after only meeting face to face once or twice you can put on your list of "True Friends", and I feel like there are a bunch of 2coolers out there like that!

Thanks again to all the 2coolers that helped to make the Badhabit's Burners a TOP NOTCH competitor this past weekend.

Lance

·
Just Happy to Be Here!
4,188 Posts
triple f said:
As for the 2nd place finish in Brisket.......OUTSTANDING! Most of ya'll probably don't realize the level of competition that was at this cookoff! There were SEVERAL cookers there that cook on the IBCA circuit and that have accumulated the points to compete on the NATIONAL level! And Darryl left 44 of them scratchin their heads tryin to figure out what was goin on! GREAT JOB BRO! And the fact that all of their other entries made it to the finals table is HUGE also!
Lance
Wow! That deserves another whole round of Congrats.

Way to go, Darrell and the Burners!

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,429 Posts
Thanks for the kind words Lance, It was a pleasure to be there, and thanks for all your help with hauling ice for us.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts