2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KneeDeep (Craig), Mr. Robo (Steve) and I launched the Anudda Ugly Mudda from the ramp at SLP yesterday morning for a day on the water. We had a quick double run to deliver some lumber to the camp on Titlum Tatlum then we turned our attention to fishing. Well, Mr. Robo did that before we had the lumber stacked and caught a nice flounder right at the dock. I have a pic, but can't find my USB wire and I fear I left it in New Orleans. We tried the pier in Cold Pass and the action was slow but steady for slightly undersized redfish. The fellows across from us were using live bait and dragging them in 2 at a time. We left to net some bait, but never came back. We saw some big fins running about and tried several drifts with little success save for one keeper trout. We stopped at the camp again for a rest and did some front porch sitting and caught several small fish from the dock. Stuart called and said he was on his way for a late afternoon addition to the crew, so we came back near SLP and found birds hitting near the county park, so we tried there with no success at all. Steve and Craig were ready to call it a day at about 5pm. We had a great time fishing and even though we caught few keepers, the camaraderie was wonderful.

Not too long after I dropped them off at the dock, Stuart rolled up for round 2. He showed me some areas I had never been in before in Christmas Bay. We fished until around 7:30 and called it a day. Stuart stuck to arties and had little luck. I used shrimp under a cork and caught a variety of small fish. Drum, hardheads, gafftops, and white . . . . ahem SAND trout. It was really good to see Stuart again and he is very talented at backing a trailer down a ramp. I was darn tired by the time I arrived in Angleton, but it was a great 12 hours on the water. Total gas expended in that time with my little 60 horse Merc was only a little less than 7 gallons. I got to learn a lot about the waters too. It was really a great day. Probably the best part was just sitting on the porch at the camp. It really brought me back to my earlier days on Bayou Cook. From all the reports, it looks like we should have hit the surf, but I wouldn't trade a limit of specks for the time we had. Thanks to Craig, Steve, and Stuart for giving me a great last day of vacation. It was a 2cool day with 2cool friends. - Coach

It was a 2cool day with 2cool friends.

·
KneeDeep&Sink'n
704 Posts
It was a pleasure.

Next time we go out, hit me upside the head if I haven't got sunscreen on. I look like a over boiled lobster today. Good thang I didn't call in sick and play hookie from work to take the day off or I would have gotten busted as soon as I showed back up at the office. All I heard all morning was, "Been fishing, huh?" If we get together Saturday, you will see me in longsleeves and my grandma's bonnett. (Just kidding. I wouldn't do tha to ya!.)

I caught Stuart in the parking lot as I was leaving and introduced myself. So I can add one more 2Cooler to the list of members I have met. Had a great day with some good guys.

Thanks Sandy, you are pretty good Capt'n! :)

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glad I rigged that umbrella for ya. I do recall offering you sun screen a couple of times. :D I am very often thankful for being only half Scottish in descent. That southern European Croatian peasant stock gives me a little more natural protection than it looks like you've got. If someone with a little bowl of drawn butter starts eyeing you, RUN! - Coach

·
Borders, language, culture
6,344 Posts
Well, after seeing the "Unnada Ugly Mother " in person, I can say it ain't a bad looking ride. I think the coach keeps the old grease gun, the water logged roll of duct tape, the dead shrimp on the front deck, 15 coolers, anchor big enough for the USS Iowa etc... in there just for the effect. I had my GPS with me and she topped out right at 29 mph. Not bad for a 18 foot deep and wide with a 60. I think 30 is attainable with a little house keeping :D.

I really liked going back up into Titlum Tatlum. I haven't been up there in years and years and it really brought back some memories of the old camp I used to spend some time at. I took a couple of pictures of the place and sent them to my folks and then they started reminiscing too. Good stuff. Although now I am forced to go back up in there to settle an argument about the particular camp I took the picture of. I say it is the neighbor's old place and the folks aren't too sure. They could be right, things change over twenty years :wink:

Thanks again Sandy and we'll get em next time.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Had a great day with you guys ,and next time I get out that way I'll bring a board to replace the one I had for Lunch!LOL!!!But I did save the bait that was in the net LOL!!!
Main thing was just being out with you two guys truly a class act,Thanks again,let me know when you need some help with the hammers and nails,I'll check on the tin and see whats left.Later, Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts