2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Member
6,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday afternoon, oh, 'bout 2:00 we were lamenting the fact that this was her last real night of freedom before her Tuesday afternoon surgery. I told her that we could do anything she wanted to do and she looked at me with a huge grin on her face and said "Take me to the beach! I want the last hour of daylight, the sunset, and then just sit under the gorgerous big moon for a while."

I was knocked out. Just thinkin' 'bout me and my sweetie on the beach gets my heart to poundin'. We loaded up a couple of chairs, a cooler with a few drinks and snacks, a bottle of fresh water for washin' the feet to come home, the BUG REPELANT, a couple of towels and headed south.

We got there about 6:30 and it was just great. It was 80 deg, (and falling, with about a 6 to 8 mph SE breeze. The humidity was low because it felt very good. The water was cool and it was a very special time for her. She absolutely loves to walk the beach and look for shells, sand dollars, etc. It filled me up to watch her lose her concerns over the up-coming event by just strolling along the beach. I kind of backed off and let her have her time without interfering. She loves this so much and conditions were just perfect.

I brought the digital down with us but I'd left it in the truck and when the lighting and moon position were perfect, we were 3/4 of a mile down the beach so I missed some awesome shots. My favorite would no doubt have been this shot: She was in the water that was just over the tops of her feet. The sky was bubblegum pink as I looked SE. The light was fading fast. The big full, or near-full, moon was directly over her head and it's reflection was just below her feet on the wet part of the sand. She was lost in her reverie and I just stood stock-still and burned that scene into my brain. It is easily my favorite "picture" of her...EVER. I only regret that I didn't have the camera with me so that I could share it with friends and family. It was AWESOME, and I ain't lyin'.

After it was completely dark we sat in the chairs and had some refreshments and just gazed up at the moon. One-by-one, the stars came out and before long it was a beautiful nighttime sky. I was reminded of the ethereal song back in the 70s by a group calle David Gates and Bread. The title of the song, I believe, was "If". The moon and stars in our eyes and the delicious SE breeze in our faces....just undescribable! It was just what we both needed...She needed to do it and I needed to see her capture some peace-of-mind.

I have said it before and I'll say it again...LIFE'S A BEACH! :an2:

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Jack,
you old romantic devil, you! I'm sure her surgery will go fine and she will recover quickly, she has to with all the love and support you obviously give her.
Maybe you and she can come down for a walk my way during her recovery, the fall is is best season for the beach I believe.
We're lucky men.

·
2006 Skeeter Cookoff "2nd Place Brisket"
6,428 Posts
Shallow Minded said:
**** Jack,

I see you still haven't lost your touch with your writing skills. Why the heck aren't you writing books?

SM
LMAO...... Well Jack ????? Should I ??? LOL

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Im glad to hear of both of yalls blissful evening. Just the way you write is disciptive and kinda makes me feel like an on-looker. If ya know what I mean .Thanks.............later,Dave

·
What was I supposed to Member??
2,873 Posts
jack, you and pam are an inspiration to us all! thank you for sharing such an intimate time together with us. it brings back some very special memories of a few times jerry and i have spend down on the beach together. our thoughts and prayers are with you both. please let us know how pam's surgery goes.
we love you both!
trudy and jerry

·
Registered
968 Posts
Jack my friend...

I know exactly what you were feeling. I had some of those same feelings yesterday also...What a great day to enjoy the good Lord's gifts to us...VIC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts