2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK oldtimers, I have had several PM requests to play "Name that Lure" again so here we go. Collectors try to restrain yourself again if you can. PM me if you just can't stand it any longer. This one may not be as hard as the other Pfleuger Globe.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, I have to make these harder. Too many smart people on 2cool.
I'll go take some pics of another. Great job Mike in Friendswood!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. Here's another one but there is a twist. I have no idea what it is. All I know is it was my grandfather's favorite lure. One is really beat up.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah looks like a Devils Horse made by Smithwick
I looked at images on google and the pupil in the eye is towards the front on the Devils Horse and I can't find one with a gold pupil. Also the propellers have a slight twist right at the end on mine. I'm still looking.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Too fat and short to be a devil's horse. I think?
I think so too. I think the devils horse body length is 4 1/2". This one is about 4 1/4" although the photo doesn't look like it. Is has a crackleback and it looks like neverfail hardware. That red gillmark is confusing. I have not seen any others like it.
I need someone that fished in the 40's and 50's!

Attachments

·
Registered
940 Posts
I don't know what it is but I think I have a couple of them out in one of my boxes. Maybe tomorrow I will take a look see.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your lure is a Paw Paw Shiner. They also made a Little Shiner with only two hooks.
AWESOME!! That's it. Mine looks older than the one I found on google but it definitely is it. Mine has the neverfail hardware and the one below has surface hardware showing its newer. It has the same props, and the black iris with the gold pupil. Can you tell I'm excited?
PS: You are not old enough to ID this lure! Green coming. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
I saw a new Mirrolure floating prop bait at Academy last night. The body reminded me of a spittin' image.

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I saw a new Mirrolure floating prop bait at Academy last night. The body reminded me of a spittin' image.
Cool! Can you take a pic of it. I might want to get one because my grandfather used to eat up the bass on these.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts