2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an older Chronarch SF and can't figure out how to get the face plate of of the reel handle side, does anyone know how to get it off. I can't see any quick screw.
Thanks

·
Ayatollah of Jack & Cola
1,522 Posts
Pull the spool out through the break side plate. Inside there ate two small screws. Remove the screws.

RR

·
Life is good on the bayou..
3,937 Posts
If I remember correctly, you have to remove the spool, and then you will see two small screws on the backside of the assembly.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
i think(key word) you have to get the end cap off and go from there. the handle should then pull off, there may be a nut holding it on. haven't taken one of the old style chronarchs apart in a while. find a shimano parts diagram(thier website) and see if it helps. little word of advice from experience take it apart in your wifes cake pan(dont let her know)it helps keep all the parts together so as not to lose any.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
MattK said:
Remove the spool, there are 2 screws (BNT1352,phillips head) under the spool on the handle side of the frame and one long screw (BNT1347,flathead) that holds the nose piece on. Access the long one from the left side with the side plate open; it is in the very front on the reel.
There is a total of 3 screws.

·
Banned
4,335 Posts
You will see 2 small Phillips head screws under the handle. You will need to remove these to gain access the other handle nut plate and nut (10mm).

Once you remove the spool you will see a small retaining plate with 2 small Phiilips screws. There is also a flat head up near the front of the reel (Where the line would come out). You will see it when you open the side plate. Once you remove all three of these screws and the handle, handle nut plate and square but then the side plate will come off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts