2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an old rod and a few reels. Anyone know whay year or era they might be from. I guess if you know if they are worth anything, it would be nice to know if they have any value.

Thanks 24Buds

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The Ocean City and Abu Garcia 120, in their present condition, are worth about $20 each.........The Shakespeare is worth about $30.

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts
You might check Ebay for comparison, lot's of old reels for sale there.
Given the condition of them, probably not worth much, but you never know ?

·
Bull Frog hunter
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not looking to sell them so much just curios of what they may be worth. thanks. Any idea what year the ocean city is from?

·
Recovering Workaholic
5,922 Posts
There's an Ocean City that looks very similar on E-bay that can be bought now for just under $20.00. Is the spool plastic or metal? Sometimes reel models were made for years with only minor changes, so exact years are difficult. If the spool is metal, I'd put it in the late 40's to late 50's. Plastic would probably date it in the 60's +. imo.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
I have a sportcast on an old solid glass rod. It's a great casting reel and has caught more than a few fish. Occasionally when I get bored with the modern reels I like to take the old rig out and do it the way my grandfather did. Works as good for me now as it did for him 50 years ago. If you've never tried fishing with an old direct drive reel, it really is a lot of fun. They deserve more than a shadow box.. (-:}

1 - 10 of 10 Posts