2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 20' falcon skipjack and have had it for years. It gets a lot a lot of attention from the old timers. ...I can't find much information about them....thought i would post to see if there are any stories, b/c i know there are people out there that remember them. Thinking about posting in the classifieds soon...

Attachments

·
Banned
2,534 Posts
JP,

is it a tri-hull or a cat? It's hard to tell from the angle the bow photo was taken at.

·
Registered
358 Posts
There is a story on the Shallowsport website I think under "media" IIRC that talks about Rex's father Willis Hudson and the Falcon boat brand. Neat to read the history behind the multi-generational boat brand.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
i have the exact boat, but it is now a "no sider" powered by a 3.0l evinrude, putting out some serious power. they are a true TRI-HULL.

Let me know if you put her up in the classifieds, i may be interested in it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have the exact boat, but it is now a "no sider" powered by a 3.0l evinrude, putting out some serious power. they are a true TRI-HULL.

Let me know if you put her up in the classifieds, i may be interested in it.
gregr,

will do... if interested, PM me with any Q's

never seen one with the sides cut-off, but can imagine... mine had the original 135 Evinrude on it. I pulled it off and put on a 200 hp Johnson with a 17 pitch prop... pushes it nicely.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Falcon Skipjack = AWESOME

Oh my gosh if you ever EVER consider selling it PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST!!!! 956-233-9489

Kyra Hudson

The good-looking gentleman in the middle (who strikes an uncanny resemblance to my husband Wes) is Willis Hudson, my grandpa-in-law, father of Rex Hudson who created Shallow Sport Boats. Willis started Falcon boats in the early 1950's, and played a huge part in the creation and design of the early Shallow Sports.

We have been looking for a Skipjack to restore to original cherry condition for a while now. I think it would be amazing to have for my daughter (a soon to be 4th generation boat builder) to grow up on.

Attachments

·
Living Life for a Living....
5,727 Posts
Man! That brought back some memories. We had one growing up and fished in it just about every weekend. Thanks for the info.

·
Member when we usta.......?
2,835 Posts
There are lots of Falcons still in use and prized by striper guides on Texoma and Tawakoni. I don't think you could wear one out.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm assuming this is the same Falcon that built the Falcon Grande??? We fished with a WB/Hybrid guide on Cedar Creek years ago in one. It had an I/O Stern Drive and a large open area in the back to fish from. My dad wanted one of them so bad for years after that.

·
Registered
771 Posts
There are 2 or 3 that operate out of Clark's @ POC that I think are Falcons. Wife's cousin still uses his dad's early 60's 17' v-hull out of POC

·
Thank You! Next
7,757 Posts
I remember as I am sure PGoff remembers when you would see a lot of the guides on Toledo Bend using the Falcon Tiger or the Grande.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I posted this about 8 years ago, and the boat has been covered in a barn every since...didn’t have much time to finish plans for it...Bump here in case any interests??..plan to post after holidays.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Falcon Skipjack = AWESOME

Oh my gosh if you ever EVER consider selling it PLEASE CONTACT ME FIRST!!!! 956-233-9489

Kyra Hudson

The good-looking gentleman in the middle (who strikes an uncanny resemblance to my husband Wes) is Willis Hudson, my grandpa-in-law, father of Rex Hudson who created Shallow Sport Boats. Willis started Falcon boats in the early 1950's, and played a huge part in the creation and design of the early Shallow Sports.

We have been looking for a Skipjack to restore to original cherry condition for a while now. I think it would be amazing to have for my daughter (a soon to be 4th generation boat builder) to grow up on.
Hi just bought 78 Falcon skip jack great looking boat going to restore and repower. Cant wait to get on the water.

·
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate
23,547 Posts
My Dad had a Falcon Jaguar and a Falcon Malibu, both with twins. Those were some excellent hulls!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts