2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to help the people in Oklahoma I don’t know where to start. I don’t want to just donate. With a 3 day weekend I would like to go down and help. I am not a big fan on donating especially to big organizations that have employees making hundreds of thousands off it. I am an able body that can help clean or what ever needs to be done. I don’t really think FEMA is the way to go since its government run. Does anyone know of any legit organization to join or contact. Not sure what everyone else thinks about this. I love spending time with my family and being out on the water for memorial day but the people in Oklahoma have lost everything and I want to help and make a difference. Not sure if there will be to many people already and if they will let me in to help being a civilian

·
Registered
723 Posts
I really want to help the people in Oklahoma I don’t know where to start. I don’t want to just donate. With a 3 day weekend I would like to go down and help. I am not a big fan on donating especially to big organizations that have employees making hundreds of thousands off it. I am an able body that can help clean or what ever needs to be done. I don’t really think FEMA is the way to go since its government run. Does anyone know of any legit organization to join or contact. Not sure what everyone else thinks about this. I love spending time with my family and being out on the water for memorial day but the people in Oklahoma have lost everything and I want to help and make a difference. Not sure if there will be to many people already and if they will let me in to help being a civilian
KK, being an Okie it makes me feel really good that so many of you Texans want to help your brothers and sisters to the north. I've donated what I could but wish like heck I could do something hands on as well.

Bocephus, got your pm. Thanks again to all my brothers.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My buddy Wes Hutter and friends have started an organization called Coastal Grace. It helps needy kids around the holidays in our community (Chambers and Liberty countys). Wes is heading up on Saturday or Sunday to donate good to Granbury, TX and Moore, Ok. We have already collected over 4 pallets of water and other goods to be sent. If you would like to get with Wes, PM me and Ill give you his number.

THX!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts