2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out channel 8 starting right now at 7 PM...Really funny rerun of a true ******* kinda fishing:eek:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Yep...I'm watching it. IT'S NOT FOR ME!!!! I'm not about to stick my hand and arm into ANYTHING I can't see.

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Jim my grandson Chris lives there and they hold his feet and push him under water to get them... I would never even go there...

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL..Guess Chris qualifies as "Live Bait", huh..????

Come on , Randall....figgered that would be right up yore alley...:rotfl:

·
Right wing nut job, Bitter clinger to 2C
14,926 Posts
Live bait .... Tooo funny Jim..

Hey I do a lot of things,, That ain't one of them.....

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
I can't believe this is the first time you guys have heard of this. the piece on channel 8 is about 10 years old, but I remember people doing this in East Texas back in the 70's. I'm sure it's been going on a lot longer than this.

My favorite part of the sport is that Oklahoma has an annual noodling queen.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I spent a lot of time in E. Oklahoma in my youth. Noodling can be fun and very entertaining. When the spawn starts there are more people than you would believe hitting the boat ramps and rock walls. In OK there are no alligators. You just have to worry about snakes, beavers and turtles. Don't do it after it floods and you eliminate most of the snakes. A green sapling in the hole will usually tell you if a turtle or fish is home. Stay in the bigger rivers and you eliminate beavers. I don't grab anything over about 35-40lbs. I remember finding a really big fish one time. I passed and my crazy cousin went for it. He roped himself to me, I roped myself to a tree and pulled them both out. That blue went in the 70's. His arm looked like someone ran a belt sander around it a few times. The cousins have been on me about coming up and joining them the last couple of seasons. I've been thinking it over and may go next year.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i like doing it, i still go to my dad's in northern louisiana, when ever i can during the spawn to go caught some, biggest we have caught while i was there, was around 35 pounds,

·
Registered
971 Posts
My grandfather carried scars on his forearms from "wraslin" catfish out from under rocks and logs....it was more for food than sport back in those days.
Of course it is a tradition that I myself have decided to let die off....my luck I would get bit by a snapping turtle or snake.

Tortuga said:
Check out channel 8 starting right now at 7 PM...Really funny rerun of a true ******* kinda fishing:eek:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Have these guys never heard of an aligator snapping turtle? I kinda figure they'd loose a few fingers or a hand sooner or later. Not my kind of fishing, but it's cool to watch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts