2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just spent this side of an hour building a message and posted it and now its gone, did i do something wrong some where ?, say a bad word or what

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
anything over say 15 minutes (mine will time out in less than 5 minutes) trying to post will usually just time out....here's a tip:
If you have a long post or one that requires a lot of thought on your part as you type...do it in Microsoft word, then save, then come and upload it...or copy and past it here....that will avoid any time outs.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill, thanks for answering but i do all my stuff in a screen notepad then paste it to a new msg.
so thats one thats shot down.

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
hummm, not sure then....I looked around and have not seen any of your posts deleted, so that rules out a mod LOL
is your system hanging?? taking a long time to post? I remember you had another not too long ago that disapeared.

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
bill said:
anything over say 15 minutes (mine will time out in less than 5 minutes) trying to post will usually just time out....here's a tip:
If you have a long post or one that requires a lot of thought on your part as you type...do it in Microsoft word, then save, then come and upload it...or copy and past it here....that will avoid any time outs.
People do that??????????????:rotfl:

G

·
Terry G. said:
Bill, thanks for answering but i do all my stuff in a screen notepad then paste it to a new msg.
so thats one thats shot down.
Well then you should still have it and can repost it. Unless you cut & paste instead of just copy. (Or wrote over it.)

:rybka:

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well hummm, yes the org msg in my notepad is gone so maybe i'll rewrite it later, but boy was i going strong on potlickers and 38's

·
Premium Member
40,476 Posts
ah, maybe we have something...did you save it to your hard drive first then upload? If not, then maybe (I say maybe) that's why it was not loaded. Just thinking because it was a temp folder.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
You can't shoot people on a pier because they got too close to you and your wife. I'm sure it was tongue in cheek, but you can't tell on message boards.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Terry G. said:
just spent this side of an hour building a message and posted it and now its gone, did i do something wrong some where ?, say a bad word or what
if you are talking about the pier potlicking post and shooting folks, I personally deleted that because it was inappropriate. Save the guns for hunting, they have no place on the pier.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I am not crazy!
ok , I’ll agree it "was a strong" but I also "never implied" I would "shoot" any one, tongue cheek, yes it was, ****** yes I was.

it would have also been nice had you said, "hay Terry, your showing too much emotion in your message and I removed it before some took offence to it", or it was in bad taste or something.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts