2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for alternative to the Lower Colorado below Matagorda for GOM access. Who can tell me where I can put in my boat around Sargent... and can I get out to the Gulf from there? I was told there is a pass that has about 4' of water depth there... any tricks to getting out through it? Have good depth finder and GPS for the path back, but need to know where to start...

also, I was thinking there was a diver on this board that had a place in Sargent... can anyone tell me who so I can PM with questions?

TIA...

WS4F :goldfish:

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You can launch at the boat ramp in sargent and get to the gulf thru Mitchells cut (head left as your leaving the ramp). It's pretty easy to get thru, if you have a depth finder and some common sense you'll be fine! Just stay in the middle.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bill,

There is a good public launch across the bridge to the right (kinda steep). As far as the cut, I ran through there last Sunday no problems. Just stay in the middle, and as you approach the gulf veer towards the south bank (on your right) and run approximately 10-20 yards from the bank. There is a large sand bar on the north bank. I ran through on plane, but you might want to coast through. Also, you can get gas on the water next to the Crusty Pelican, or land (Sargent has a couple of Gas Stations). The run from Matagorda Jetties to Mitchell's cut is approximately 15 NM. If you like give me a call 713-557-0299. I am thinking about going out on Monday.

Regards,

TH

Bill forgive me, but you are the gentlemen that purchased Kurt W's old boat, and mainly tank dive??

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rookie06 said:
You can launch at the boat ramp in sargent and get to the gulf thru Mitchells cut (head left as your leaving the ramp). It's pretty easy to get thru, if you have a depth finder and some common sense you'll be fine! Just stay in the middle.
The middle.... Hey I like that! At the LCR, you don't know where to stay! I did ok there but too dependent on tides! Some spots only 1-2' deep on my depthfinder. Is the boat ramp pretty long there?

Thanks!

:birthday: :flag::fireworks

·
Registered
169 Posts
capt. c has gps #s to get out of the cut but it's nothing special. just watch where the waves are breaking and stay b/t them (deeper h2o). like rookie said there's the public ramp across the swing bridge to the right. also, linda's bait camp on Carancahua st. has a ramp and bait.

my uncle has 2 places down there and i dive mostly out of sargent. i know capt c has one too. what other Q's?

dyer

ps. that ling i shot last weekend was out of sargent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts