2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have confirmed that Billy does have insurance to cover most of the costs associated with his surgery, but money is tight for our friend right now. Let's see if we can't help him out. This is a guy who has donated countless rods to assist TTMBers in fundraising efforts for everything from SCA to TOBA to personal fundraisers for people who needed help. Now Billy needs ours.

I will accept credit card or EFT bank draft payments via PayPal to my PayPal address at [email protected] and I will pay the PayPal fees for any donations in addition to my $100 donation. In other words, if you donate $100, $100 goes to him, not the $95 or whatever I net after PayPal's fees.

Is there anyone that has anything to donate that we can auction off? Stix is going to need some help, since this surgery normally keeps you down for 6+ weeks.

·
The Republic of Texas
4,595 Posts
Ok Shad, paypal coming your way. I know he donates a lot, so I'll help out a little myself.

Mike

Reactions: ShadMan

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Blue Water Ho and I were just PM'ing about this same thing and wondering who could help us out and here you guys are already..WWOOOHHOOO Donation coming your way Shadman..hopefully I can figure out paypal...;0)...d

Reactions: ShadMan

·
Banned
2,823 Posts
I'll send some funds once the Conroe tournament is over and I see how much I can give. Plus, I'll donate a set of golf clubs with golf bag for you to use as you see fit. If ya'll want to do a full fund raising event, I'll help with that as well. You are talking about a bill well over $50K-the bigger the event, the more $$ we can raise. I'll help any way I can.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Let me know the specifics on the golf clubs, etc., with pics if possible and we can have an auction for them. I live in a country club community right now, so I may be bidding on them! :D

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
this is a guy that has given thousands of dollars to charity and for other good causes here on TTMB. I think alot of us can give a little for him. Im in for $100.

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks, everyone! On top of the cash donations, Monte (FlatoutFishin) came up with a great idea - a TTMB Garage Sale. I know there are lots of us who have things that we can donate that might not be auction material, but could bring a few bucks in a garage sale. What does everyone think about having a large TTMB garage sale, where everyone could donate anything and everything they have to get rid of and the proceeds would go to Billy?

We would need a good location to do it (maybe a WalMart/Academy parking lot) that would allow us quite a bit of space, as I am sure there will be many folks there. And we would need LOTS of stuff to sell. In addition, we would need cashiers, organizers, etc.

BTW - We still need LOTS of cash donations! Let's show Billy how much he means to us Texans!

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TTMB Garage Sale for BILLYSTIX...

I don't think this was getting many views being stuck into the thread above, so I'm starting a new thread for it! Post up if you can help out or have stuff to donate!

Monte (FlatoutFishin) came up with a great idea - a TTMB Garage Sale. I know there are lots of us who have things that we can donate that might not be auction material, but could bring a few bucks in a garage sale. What does everyone think about having a large TTMB garage sale, where everyone could donate anything and everything they have to get rid of and the proceeds would go to Billy?

We would need a good location to do it (maybe a WalMart/Academy parking lot) that would allow us quite a bit of space, as I am sure there will be many folks there. And we would need LOTS of stuff to sell. In addition, we would need cashiers, organizers, etc.

BTW - We still need LOTS of cash donations! Let's show Billy how much he means to us Texans!

·
Banned
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tropicalsun (Rob) has agreed to allow us to use First Baptist Church on Hwy 146 in Seabrook as the location for the garage sale. Thanks Rob! I am looking at Saturday 6/17 as the date.

Let's get this thing going! Who has garage sale type items they can donate? We are going to need a LOT of stuff to sell to draw a big crowd!

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
bluewaterho can donate some dodge rims and tires, the grey 2500 ones. I let him put my factory polished ones on his new truck so he has those laying around.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Jeff, what do you have planned for cash donations? Paypal? Itll be next payday before I can pitch in though.

Billy is a good man with a heart of gold!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Now this I can help with! I will start my "spring cleaning" and see what all I can come up with.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts