2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Contender 36 Open with triple Yami 225 4 strokes. I love my 31, but once I rode in a 36 I had to order it. Sorry, just a Little excited.

·
NRA LIFER
3,210 Posts
Excited..........?

I would be uncontrollable! LOL Here's to great success with the new rig :brew:

How about posting up with some performance/fuel burn stats after you get a chance to try it out?

Congrats again

Bob

·
Registered
186 Posts
Nice Boat

I'm twenty something myself and all I can afford is 22' foot worth must be nice to be able to scrap a 31' for a 36'. Give'em heck when that baby comes in.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uncontrolable is a much better term to use.

I am about to head down to Port A to fish in the morning. I am going to use the hell out of "Panama Woman" before she goes to somebody else.

I wish the fuel burn could be as good as the 31. I get 1.6-1.7mpg in the 31 and the 36 should get around 1.2

·
NRA LIFER
3,210 Posts
Fuel

pacontender said:
Uncontrolable is a much better term to use.

I am about to head down to Port A to fish in the morning. I am going to use the hell out of "Panama Woman" before she goes to somebody else.

I wish the fuel burn could be as good as the 31. I get 1.6-1.7mpg in the 31 and the 36 should get around 1.2
Considering how much hull you are pushing and what you are pushing it with, I think 1.2 is fantastic. Won't take long to go 1.2 miles either! :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
864 Posts
Pacontender???

What do you have pushing your 31. We have 250 OX-66's on ours and do well to get 1.5 mpg......Battle Loaded we get 1.3 on the way out ?

Thanks and congrats !

·
Registered
847 Posts
Pacontender -

I have an 02 31 and have considered the step to the 36. Is it that much better a ride? 1.2 is all I get out of my OX66's running in, so that sounds great! What engines did you go with and what are the performance expectations?

Patrick

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went with the 225 4 strokes. And yes the ride is that much better. The day I demoed the boat, it looked like a huge washing machine at the end of the jetties. It never once pounded and we were cruising at around 35 kts. In that same situation the 31 would have beat the **** out of us.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
You are a lucky man congrats.....she will be fun.....eeer uh except at the fuel pump she holds what?......around 325gals?

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
Hey John I'm sure if he can afford to upgrade from a 31' to a 36' the cost to fill it up is the least of his worries. :D

I'm jealous

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
You know it is always fun to stop a the gas station and tell the guy you are gonna fill up on pumps 1 and 2 and you finish ...go in and the look on their face when the tab is $750
priceless

·
Registered
77 Posts
The thing is, most pumps automatically shut off at $75.00, at least if you do the pay the pump thing. Thats a lot of restarting the pump.

·
Registered
847 Posts
There is 600 gallon fuel option available. With the four strokes, that should be just enough to hit the floaters off the Cancun coast!

Let us know your impressions once she comes in!

Patrick

1 - 20 of 45 Posts