2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Well, I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We moved the boat from Maragorda to the GYB for the summer to get away from the long drive. I was wondering what charts you guys use for offshore Galveston fishing. I have all the maps and charts that you can buy at Academy. We usually run out 40-100 miles. I have heard of fish mapper but don't know anybody that has tried it. I'm not asking for your secret spots, just a little help.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19,246 Posts
Fishing spots

If you want a book that all the numbers are "right on" not a bunch of numbers with a lot of them not good go to redsnapperfishing.com. Rik Jacobsens book doesent have near as many numbers but they are all good numbers. I mean the spot is there cannot guarantee the fish.

Charlie

·
Registered
272 Posts
CHARLIE said:
Fishing spots

If you want a book that all the numbers are "right on" not a bunch of numbers with a lot of them not good go to redsnapperfishing.com. Rik Jacobsens book doesent have near as many numbers but they are all good numbers. I mean the spot is there cannot guarantee the fish.

Charlie
Charlie is correct, Riks book is all I use out of Galveston, Freeport, or Matagorda. Geat, Great book.

Team Binnion

·
Registered
307 Posts
I fish with jacobsen quite regularly and his information is invaluable. He can normally get his book to you in a couple of days if he is not on the water.

·
Well, I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems like there should be something from the oil & gas industry that would list all of the cutoff, laid down and current rigs in the gulf. I would think that all of that stuff would have to be kept track of by someone.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Charlie,

I have been to Redsnapperfishing.com and tried to call to order this book but no one ever answers the phone. Any help trying to get this book is appreciated. I would really like to check this one out.

kg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts