2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing some help. I going to San luis pass this weekend and I may want to run out to looks for some snapper and kings. Are there any platforms out in the 8-12 mile range anymore? I haven't been out there in years. Any info on the area would help. Thanks in advance.

·
Team Reef Monkey
125 Posts
There use to be 303 rig but they may have pulled it don't know?
There were three rigs around 15 miles from the pass in fairly close proximity to each other. Over the years we killed a LOT of fish there. All kinds. Even hooked a sail once while drifting for kings, but he threw the hook after a brief aerial show. Then one fateful day, a few years back, three boats in our group were headed there to do it again. It was a life changing day, all three were gone. Bottom wiped clean. Nothing. There were still a couple rigs towards Galveston that held a few fish, but nothing like the three sisters as we called them. Haven't been out there since. There is now Big Man's Reef, which may be worth a shot. Like I say, haven't been back so no one our group has fished it.
I believe it is 12 or so miles from the pass back towards Galveston. But it is in fairly shallow water. If the other rigs close to Galveston are still there you should be able to see them from the reef site. So you may be able to make something happen.
Good Luck and be safe out there! 🍻

·
Registered
207 Posts
There were three rigs around 15 miles from the pass in fairly close proximity to each other. Over the years we killed a LOT of fish there. All kinds. Even hooked a sail once while drifting for kings, but he threw the hook after a brief aerial show. Then one fateful day, a few years back, three boats in our group were headed there to do it again. It was a life changing day, all three were gone. Bottom wiped clean. Nothing. There were still a couple rigs towards Galveston that held a few fish, but nothing like the three sisters as we called them. Haven't been out there since. There is now Big Man's Reef, which may be worth a shot. Like I say, haven't been back so no one our group has fished it.
I believe it is 12 or so miles from the pass back towards Galveston. But it is in fairly shallow water. If the other rigs close to Galveston are still there you should be able to see them from the reef site. So you may be able to make something happen.
Good Luck and be safe out there! 🍻
Man, I loved those 3 sisters. That was a GOTO spot, plus not a lot of boats there either. Then one day, they were gone, my heart sank when I saw that...

good luck,
Steve

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the info. We ran out t9 big mans and Kate's reef. They were covered in sharks. No luck on snaps or kings. Had a good time.anyway. spent the afternoon looking for tarpon. Also, no luck. Just a couple.of big sharks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts