2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out of Freeport around 7:30 a.m on Saturday. Was planning on going to a spot I have 91 miles out but the trip was stopped short due to cracking in my T-top support beams. This is the second time it has happened and the boat is only 3 months old, but that is a different story. We did manage to limp out to about 45 miles. Caught 8 king fish up to 32 lbs trolling with artificial rigs. Only kept a few due to the meat not being the best in my opinion. Headed over the German Charlies and managed to boat 3 small Mahi 10 -14 lbs. Stopped at one of my Snapper spots on the way in and limited out in about 20 minutes.

Tight lines!

Loan Shark

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Good deal. More "on the water pics"!! Its nice to see a full cleaning table, but I like to see boats, people, water, fish, tackle, etc. Had the same problem with a T top years ago and got it fixed in San Antonio at some "non fisherman" welding place. They fixed it Tractor Good with a little too much metal, but no mo problems.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ryan,

I can't believe your are having problems with your T-top again!!! I would be all over Robalo and Texas Marine. 100K on a new boat and they can't get it right after two tries. Give me a call if you plan on going out this week. Otherwise I might do a bay trip on Wednesday. Nice catch on the fish.

Chris

·
Super Senior Member...
794 Posts
???

Pope said:
One of the dorado had some funky raised sopts on it. Could you tell what they were?
busted bean bag???

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Great report. We may have saw you out there yesterday. (28' Prokat) Those conditions cracked his T-Top supports too. I think Mahiseeker was having similiar problems with his Robola T-Top. He said they were going to take care of it for him. Good luck

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,276 Posts
LoneShark,
Yall done good!

Sorry to here about the T-top joints cracking, thats a bummer, Been there/done that with my previous boat. The one I had, didnt have enough penetration on the welds, was out of warranty, so I just bit the bullet and had mine rewelded.

Suggestion, either have the T top taken off to be rewelded, or make sure they cover your flooring real good with fire retardant tarps.

Hog

·
"FIRED UP" Contender
1,146 Posts
get with mahiseeker - his newer Robalo T-top has had issues scince he bought it. I'm sure Jason at Millenium can fix it right for you.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bye Bye Roballo

Josh at Texas Marine is going to work with us on repairing the T-top. I think they are just going to take the entire thing off and replace it with a new one. I think I have made the decision to go ahead and get a new boat. I am going to take their 31/O Contender for a spin on Friday. Will probably just trade up. From what I have heard, you can't go wrong with the 32 footer from Contender.

Loan Shark

1 - 18 of 18 Posts