2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Almost Heaven
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know people minds aren't on fishing. Priorities have fishing moved down on the list for good reason. Fellow board members have suffered major losses and I do not want to diminish that fact. The window will be closing shortly and I am starting to get the fever again. I'm thinking about going out this weekend and was wondering if anybody has been out since the storm and would like to share the experience.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Watch out for debris in the water. Our upcoming weekend dive trip to the Flower Gardens was cancelled, as the operator thought it too risky.

Don't know if he has reports or fears, but the risk is probably real.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Mike, I want to go ASAP but the weather is still questionable. We will need to determine where and if we can launch. Oh bye the way, thanks for the Blue Water Storage Post since little damage was done to any of the boats but I am sure they will need to do repairs to our storage units. I have been able to go down several times but I have not spoken to the owners of BWS as to the need to remove our boats for repair work. Do you have any information?​
Thanks,​
David​

mikeytwv said:
I know people minds aren't on fishing. Priorities have fishing moved down on the list for good reason. Fellow board members have suffered major losses and I do not want to diminish that fact. The window will be closing shortly and I am starting to get the fever again. I'm thinking about going out this weekend and was wondering if anybody has been out since the storm and would like to share the experience.

·
Almost Heaven
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Always-Gone-Fishing said:
Mike, I want to go ASAP but the weather is still questionable. We will need to determine where and if we can launch. Oh bye the way, thanks for the Blue Water Storage Post since little damage was done to any of the boats but I am sure they will need to do repairs to our storage units. I have been able to go down several times but I have not spoken to the owners of BWS as to the need to remove our boats for repair work. Do you have any information?​

Thanks,​

David​
Hey David ! Last time I was down, we couldn't get our boats out because of the debris from the overhead shed. I don't know if they have removed any of the debris as of yet. I'm hoping they will have it gone by the weekend but these folks could have home, etc. damage as well as the rest of us so I'm not going to get upset if they don't. If you want to go with me this weekend, that would be great, or we can run together if you would like, depending on the weather of course. I do want to make at least one or two more runs before it gets away from us. Let me know.....

Mike

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Always-Gone-Fishing said:
Mike, I want to go ASAP but the weather is still questionable. We will need to determine where and if we can launch.
FYI... If the boat is in Lake Jackson, you could always launch on the San Bernard River at the Churchill Bridge and head to the ICW and out the Brazos (~20 miles total). I know that ramp is open.

·
Registered
392 Posts
We've been out, of Port Mansfield, 3 times in the last month. Easy limits of nice size snapper, lots of kings, and the usual triggers, rock hinds, lane snapper etc. There has been a lot of big sharks around the bottom structure.

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Galveston bay had a ton of debris. Phone poles, file cabnets, front doors, small docks, timbers. You name it. Huge field just east of the causeway bridge. Then, scattered areas thru-out lower Galveston bay.

·
Tiny is Gone... Hi, My Name is ROGER
5,886 Posts
I'll be OFF of Work on October 7th and 8th!!!! Hint.. Hint.. AGF!!!

·
Most Non Funny
1,834 Posts
went fishing out of Port Mansfield Friday & Saturday, fishing was TOUGH and the seas were ROUGH....

·
Dick - 1972 Formula 223
830 Posts
shanker said:
went fishing out of Port Mansfield Friday & Saturday, fishing was TOUGH and the seas were ROUGH....
Hey Patrick,

Did you guys see much in the way of trash or debris in the water? There are reports of quite a bit of it coming ashore a little further north... like down by Malaquite.

Dick

·
Registered
399 Posts
this past weekend, it seemed to be pretty scarce out to about 18 miles, then all the way to Hospital and Aransas, you had to really be careful. Between the N.E. windchop and the sun in your face it made for a tension filled ride !

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Next week I plan on getting out, as the boats full of gas, & will be able to run out of Surfside. Looks like I'm heading over to Surfside Marina, & leaving good ol Gulf Coast Marina. Boats sitting on the trailer now in Surfside, but will be ready to rock next week.

·
Get a reel job - go fishing!
1,720 Posts
cshimaitis said:
Went out of PA saturday, debris was nasty and thick. It washed up onshore in Port A today. Lots and lots of it.
And it's still coming ashore today . . . sounds like it will be for a FEW WEEKS. Rode the ferry yesterday and there is a lot of submerged timber and trees in the channel that you don't see until you are on top of it.

There is no way I'd take our boat offshore this weekend or the next unless something changes drastically.

·
Registered
891 Posts
new ramp under brayn beach bridge is open
brazos river in lake jackson 2004 open
brazos river hyw 36 open
dont know about the ramp on the levee by the locks
good luck

·
Registered
508 Posts
Port M last weekend---

Lots of debris- including a upside down pontoon boat with the outboard lower unit sticking up & someones front door between the pontoons.

Horrible current and water color.

Sure- we caught lots of fish, sure I caught 3 different species of snapper on 3 consecutive drops with a metal jig, but it was slow compared to normal.

Nick

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
The weather is lookign good for the weekend but I don't think I want to risk the debri. Plus if the water color is bad there is no use in diving.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I was in CC and P Aransas this AM. Tons of debris from Ike. You just would not believe how much. Please be careful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went out of POC Saturday. Water was rough, discolored and full of debris. Be very careful. Saw lots of debris in the bays and between the jetties as well. I'm going to use the next few weeks to do maintenance and such on the boat.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts