2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are 4 days worth of pics. This was the best 4 day stretch I have experienced and we did it all in my 22' Pathfinder!

The first 2 days it was Brandon Pope and I. We caught easy limits of Snapper along with some misc. bonus fish. The last 2 days we had Brad, Brandon, and I. We filled the coolers up and were wishing for more cooler space.

Attachments

·
Underwater Point & Click
1,046 Posts
Outstanding! How far out did ya go? I was planning in heading down that way during TIFT, but I just lost a boat buddy. Needless to say I cannot go it alone, gas just plain costs too much to foot the bill alone.

Good job on the snaps, tuna, and Chickens!

So... when's the fish fry?

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
I'm tired and have a LOT to do before I fly to AK today, but I got to thank Ross for hooking me up with my first red snapper and tuna this weekend. It was a total blast and I am now hooked on tuna fishing. :tu Oh, and it was done in a bay boat!

All in all it was a great weekend in Port M. It worked out pretty good for me, I caught the first and last fish of the trip out of my buddies boat and both were rat reds. The one Sunday was fun to watch hit a gold spoon in clear shallow water.

I'll post up a few today and the more when I get back to AK.

·
Anything not prohibited is compulsory!
1,635 Posts
pompano dolphins???

In your last picture the small mahis do appear to be much rounder bellied than the regular schoolie dorado. This is just a guess, but I'd say you've got some pompano dolphins there. Does anyone else have an opinion?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2wahoo,

yes indeed, there are some Pompano dolphin in the mix! I think we had about 4-5 pompano dolphin total for the trip.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice fish Ross, I had no doubt that you guys would get the slaughter on. Nice fish and nice false cuberas. You got me soooo pumped that I am going to have to head down the weekend of the 17th. I cant wait till October, its too far off. Congrats to you and pope.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts