2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to Rockport next week for a week. Hopefully we will be able to make it offshore through Port A. My wife wants to put her parents on some fish as they have never really fished, I would like some also. How close are the closest rigs and can you catch snaps and stuff at em. They don't have to be keeper fish, just want them to catch some fish. Probably troll for some Kings also. I plan to head out further with my Bro and wife, I've gotten Baker, Stetson, anything else that may put us on some fish. Thanks.

·
Banned
166 Posts
If the weather is good, the Kings & Bonita are due anyday at the mouth of the Jetties (usually it takes some blue-er water to move close). Rigs can be found 5+ miles outside the jetties (there are more due east, northeast than south, southeast). Pulled my largest ling to date off the closest one to the jetties...70lbs. Find some weed and fish it for Tripletail, cobia, kings. Snapper MIGHT be found close, but usually requires runs of 20 miles to deeper water for consistancy.

Catchem' up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Blue water is close. There were 2 color changes w/in 10 miles on sunday + lots of developed weed lines. My guess is you could run out to the 20 mile rig that's 1/2 way to southern and catch snapper but also pick up a dolphin, king, or other on the weeds, etc. I've tried the close in rigs to jetty a bunch and haven't had much luck for snapper.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Hopefully the thunderstorms will quit to give me a few offshore trips. Plan on going everyday if weather permits. Any more info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts