2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Football MNC: '63, '69, '70, 2005
2,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out with Flieman on 'Gitter Dunn' with 1hunglower and Randal (don't know his board name). Our main goals included billfish, swordfish at night, tuna early am, and deep dropping. Friday morning was very sloppy and stormy so we only made 12-15 knots on the way towards Falcon with some rather large seas. We broke up the trip with a stop at a shrimp boat were we found some ling and a kingfish. Trolled towards Falcon were we hooked our first wahoo. Fish didn't even break the rubberband, although it was an ok 'hoo.. about 15lbs. At Falcon we hooked up again with a 50+ lbs hoo. That fish didn't break the band either.. odd. Trolled the rest of the day with nothing else to show. Did have 2 excellent meals thanks to 1hunglower.. hamburgers for lunch, steak and baked potato for dinner!

Spent Friday night at a swordfish spot hoping for a hookup.. didn't happen. Early Saturday we ran to Falcon for some pre-dawn tuna jigging. Jon hooked into a 30-40 yellowfin that was boated. Also had horse eyed jacks and skipjack tuna. Trolled some more towards dutra.. nada. Once at Dutra we made the deep drop and ended up catching 3 big tilefish.. Those fish are way cool! Trolled more after that and saw one blue.. but no takers. On the way in picked up some snapper and an undersized aj.

Finally tally:

2 wahoo
1 yellowfin
1 ling
1 kingfish
3 tilefish
6 snapper
1 skipjack tuna

Jon took most of the pics.. I took some video. I'm sure he'll post them up fairly soon.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I talked to 1hunglower Thursday night and was thinking about ya'll when I woke up to rain on Friday. Sounds like you still had a good trip. Glad to see you got into some Tilefish.

·
Site Sponsor 2006>
392 Posts
Here is some pics from the trip. We also have had some problems with bad luck this year so we tried some Voo DOo stuff that Randall got from New Orleans to fight off bad luck. YOu can see in one of the pics of One Hung Lower sacrificing a 16 oz beer and burning Sage in the rodholder, seems to have worked as we did not have any bad luck on this trip. Lol.
Other pic is of the only way to deep drop with the electric reel and a bad pic of the TIlefish in the water.
All in all we had a good trip, super good crew, but a little tough weather wise.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
nice pics, but do you have a better one of the tile fish? It looks like a tile fish and a snapper came up together. I am not sure exactly what a tile looks like. Did they fry up good?

What exactly is Nothungatall pouring beer onto anyway?

·
Registered
453 Posts
We were told that we had to sacrifice a beer to the fish gods to break our curse, believe me I am against this but the curse had to be broken. MakoClay You have to have some suffrage to have success. So we sacrificed a 16 ounce tall boy to the gods along with 3 chips of Hoy Chocolate Chip Cookies, and were rewarded with a full box of fish. What ever it takes. Maybe in Africa MakoClay you could talk to a Charmin and see if he could make us up a potion to use so we don't have to waste beer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts