2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got started around 3 PM and headed towards Falcon. Stopped in the 600 hundred block to make bait. Found the water to be an amazing cobalt blue in spite of all the rain. Nice clean blue water and a current break devolping for all the 20 to 30 mile crowd. Hit some shrimp boats at 40 the mile mark and they were loaded with relunctant to bite bonita and willing sharks everywhere. A note of interest were the squadrons of ling cruising with the sharks. At almost every shrimp boat stop in the area packs of 4 to 6 lings with most being undersized would come to check out our offerings. With a few bonita and our limit of ling it was off to the Falcon to tie off for the night. Not much to report ther as no blackfin were boated or yellowfin blow ups being seen. All night effort resulted in a few snapper and some world class vermillions. Daybreak and off to the Breaks for some wahoo.Heard I think Wacker on the radio saying they had only a wahoo at Dutra for there effort. Trolled for an hour and a half with no knockdowns and worked a nice rip forming on the 100 fathom curve and still nada. Headed inside worked some rocks at 350ft inside of the Breaks for a couple of scamps and some A/J `s. Weather started looking iffy so we came on in. Wonder if anyone recognizes the guy in the photos!

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nobody recognized this guy

Hard to believe no one recognizes the guy in the picture with the scamp. Would bet most of you have met or talked with him.

·
Registered
547 Posts
steve

that would be steve from ftu. i worked for him for a while untill i moved to tennessee. glad to see he is doing good. nice report.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts