2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cereal Killer
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very much a creature of habit, so I was a bit anxious this morning about fishing with folks I didn't know from Adam. But, hey they are 2coolers, what should I be worried about? Met Jerry, Zach, and Ramon this morning in POC. Right off the bat I knew I was going to be at home. All three were great guys, Jerry has a fine offshore battlewagon and runs it well. It was nice fishing from a larger machine today. Dont get me wrong, I love the hint of danger and the "roughing it" that comes from fishing from a small battlewagon, but it was an extremely nice change of pace. Long story short, because I am tired and have to be up at 5am. Ran out into very pleasant seas, although we did have a short stint of a little sloppiness out by Little Dunbar, wind must have been countering the current. It seems that most of the debris has headed on south. We ran across one weedline with some timbers on it, and a few isolated areas of mixed trash. But that was it except for the large chemical or petrol container we found on the way in. Probably a 2000+ gallon plastic tank with just a little poking above the surface. Jerry alerted the CG to what could cause a really bad outing for someone. Water went from coffee, to kingfish green, to clean green, blue, to clean bluish green out at Little Dunbar
Once again it seems that the rare and highly endangered Red Snapper was none to difficult to find with fairly quick inshore limits a ways down south. Kings, Lings, and Dorado didnt want to play today despite our best efforts. Trolling/drifting weedlines, debris, and structure yeilded no action. We found a lone shrimper in 200' with no one home. Wound up with limits of nice snapper, a chunky cuda, some smacks and a pompano. Fishing was a little tough, but thats always been the icing on the cake to me. Just being on the water makes my day. It was really nice to branch out and meet some new folks, thats a bit of a rarity for me. Thanks again Jerry, was a great day!
Did I say long story short?

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Good report and nice meeting you yesterday yakfisher I enjoyed having the company of you, Jerry, and Zack. Until next time and remember stay safe and always enjoy good fishing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts