2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cereal Killer
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beautiful day all around. Flat offshore, but lack of current stiffled the fishing a bit I think, although we did bag some nice kings, cobia , and barracuda. Inshore (bay side edge of the ship channel and jetties)we got into the kings big time! As fast as we could get a live bait in the water on the rip we were hooked up. As a bonus the smallest king of the day was over 20 pounds with several 30-40 pound range....lots of fun on light tackle and strong currents. While anchored on the rip we watched spanish mackeral, kings, bonita, see turtles, rays, and even a few tapon for three hours straight. We were actually visited by a game warden as well, first time in several years for me. Very nice guy, I didnt catch his name, perhaps he is on the board. All fish released to play another day. Interesting today, we couldn't buy a bite on anything dead, all fish were caught on live bait and lures

Attachments

·
Cereal Killer
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kraymond said:
Good catch'n.The guy with the king looks like Brent Farve.
Thats funny, I never thought of that, but he kinda does. I got him into fishing last summer, he learned a lot very quickly and will make a good teammate when I get a little bit bigger boat and start doing the kingfish tournaments

·
Cereal Killer
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ReelAndKill said:
Man im scared to run my 90 off shore, but atleast now i no that other people do it. Nice catch!
I tend to be rather adventursome....he he. I pick my days wisely, have a good VHF, and BoatUS towing (hopefully will never need it), maintain my stuff well, so odds are in my favor as much as they can be.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
bigfish210 said:
Who the hell is Brent Favre? Is he related to Robert Staubach?
LOL.........I was maybe thinkin' Jeff Montana.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts