2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got off work early Fri to enter the ProAm and make the boat ready for Sat mornings 5am start. Broke the jetties at 530 behind a battle wagon with the spray coming over the tower, I was surprised how tall the waves were. We tucked in and followed him out until the jetty wash smoothed out a bit. Got to CP and there were already three boats on it so we went to some spots around it set up a drift and chummed some...nothing ,no kings,no legal snapper nada. I am not one to stay in one spot too long if they ain't biting so we ran over to CP and joined the party. Made a few drifts with nothing to show for it and moved on. Hit a weed line and bloodied up the boat with dolphin until I had enough. Time was getting close on heading in on the tourney. so we had to do something quick. Hit the rigs around CP looking for Mr.Ling and found the Barracudas and 1/2 snappers. Water was to blue and tourney time running out and nothing to weigh except a 2 or 3 pound dolphin I was pressured to miss weigh in by the crew....Don't even tell me a 2lb dolphin took the money in the ProAm:hairout: I headed south to the High Island reef and found a snapper boat on it. Arrrrgh! Well some shrimp boats were anchored around and we hit them.

First one we took off two BFT in 200 ft of water and more of those freaking dolphin.
I have a bay rod in my hand trying to get the bigger fish in the 5-6lb range and this BFT blasts in taking my bait and starts smoking my line strait down, no way to turn him so I broke him off and get the tuna rod back out. Try to jig a few up but no luck. I had enough of those freaking green fish and tuna turned off so we will hit some rigs closer in ......yep nothing legal.
We would be coming in past dark and still needed to drop off the wife back at Tiki ....hoping there would be some food left but Tiki was empty. Dropped off the wife and headed for the barn and a jump in the jacuzzi...relief from the bumps on the water.

joker

Attachments

·
Academy Sports & Outdoors Manager
1,249 Posts
Good looking helpers you got to clean the fish LOL! Sorry you only found the short ones.

·
From the old school
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, she is a SL25 sea cat with twin 90s..... a bit slow but she will get me there @ 2mi a gal
darn that second pic of the tuna......need to fish more so I can get more pic posting practice.
joker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts